LCHF - Low Carb High Fat Diet Ver 2

Mix the coconut oil and coffee with a whisk. Makes a nice foam on top, almost like cappuccino. Mix in some butter and cream, even better!

Never ever. Not even one time. Coffee is a serious thing. I would rather put on 20kg and and ride a MTB bike in green tartan baggies.

You cam mess with anything but not my coffee

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's one I use now - I eat avo most days.

A while ago I tipped some avo oil into my avo container by mistake instead of balsamic vinegar as the bottles look identical (and it was 5:30 in the morning.)

What the hell, thought I, I'll just try it like that. Couldn't tell any diffs - so if you want to add some extra oil to your morning snack, add some extra avo / olive oil to an avo/salt/pepper/balsamic vinegar mash. I whack in the salt too, to help make up my salt intake for the day. I find i often forget to eat my lunch when I have this as a snack. Or if I do, I only eat half of it...

Lekker stuff.

Anyone got a supply of bulk karoo lamb - esp. from source? Been thinking of buying a half lamb and stocking the freezer. Unfortunately it's a town freezer not a country freezer so it won't fit a whole lamb.

Anyone got a supply of bulk karoo lamb - esp. from source? Been thinking of buying a half lamb and stocking the freezer.

deanbean?

Don't have fat sheep now, but grass fed fat MUTTON will be available in October, hung for 9-14 days. Not cheap, but oh so tasty.

Transport is always a problem though. An unpacked, cut up sheep will fit in one of those med size coolboxes.

Edit not Karroo lamb but grass fed EC mutton.

Edited by deanbean

sorry guys, I asked this a few pages back but no luck so I'll try again -

what brand of coconut milk do you okes use? I just bought two tins of Goldcrest at PnP (that was all they had and no coconut cream) and when I read the label at home it is full of unpronounceable shite.

hi, so I bought a tub of coconut oil from dischem, how do I use it. do you add it to food, use it for cooking, do you first melt it? please help.

My sister is very adventurous with her Paleo/LCHF cooking. She recently visited us and made sweet potato chips (just slivers of sweet potato) that she "deep fried" in coconut oil(only in about 2cm of the oil in a frying pan, you cant make more than one layer at a time or they go soggy) Super delicious. I guess you must just measure your sweet potato carefully to not exceed your daily carb intake. Other than that, its a wonderful snack. She sprinkled them with Robertsons Salt and Vinegar sprinkle.

what brand of coconut milk do you okes use? I just bought two tins of Goldcrest at PnP (that was all they had and no coconut cream) and when I read the label at home it is full of unpronounceable shite.

Not sure about other guys and gals, but I don't use coconut milk or cream at all, only the oil (organic virgin). Why do you want to use the milk instead of the oil?

Don't have fat sheep now, but grass fed fat MUTTON will be available in October, hung for 9-14 days. Not cheap, but oh so tasty.

Transport is always a problem though. An unpacked, cut up sheep will fit in one of those med size coolboxes.

Edit not Karroo lamb but grass fed EC mutton.

deanbean, R/kg? Maybe I should come for a visit to the Winterberg in October.

Not sure about other guys and gals, but I don't use coconut milk or cream at all, only the oil (organic virgin). Why do you want to use the milk instead of the oil?

I use the milk/cream for adding to stews for eg. tuna + tomatoes + baby marrows + mushrooms.

Wow I dont know. I usually sell cut up and hung for R1200, for a 45kg live sheep, about R65/kg, that sounds expensive!!!

Yeh, out of interest, got a price for us?

What do you call a med size coolbox? Can you post a pic or estimate size?

Edit: Do you have an idea of what weight a 45kg sheep dresses out at?

Edited by davetapson

Yeh, out of interest, got a price for us?

What do you call a med size coolbox? Can you post a pic or estimate size?

Edit: Do you have an idea of what weight a 45kg sheep dresses out at?

30x56x35cm box

I bought some coconut milk for the Real Meal Revolution fat shake. Seems you can't buy plain coconut milk - they put stuff in it to preserve it, and I think, to make it that bright white colour.

I don't really like the idea of the chemicals so haven't much bought any more.

Tend to stick to coconut oil as that seems pretty uncontaminated with chemicals.

Edited by davetapson

I bought some coconut milk for the Real Meal Revolution fat shake. Seems you can't buy plain coconut milk - they put stuff in it to preserve it, and I think, to make it that bright white colour.

I don't really like the idea of the chemicals so haven't much bought any more.

Tend to stick to coconut oil as that seems pretty uncontaminated with chemicals.

so do you think the coconut oil would add the same sort of flavour as the cream/milk?

Wow I dont know. I usually sell cut up and hung for R1200, for a 45kg live sheep, about R65/kg, that sounds expensive!!!

Not too bad. Store bought mutton is around R50 - R70 per kilo, depending on the cut. But I'd pay your price because I'd know where it came from, how it was reared, that it's grass fed, etc.

And it would give me an excuse to visit a part of SA that I haven't seen since I roamed those hills as a schoolboy (lots of good memories).

What price do you sell your offal at?