LCHF - Low Carb High Fat Diet Ver 2

Can you guys verify something, my urine smells very bad since I have been on this dieet, is it normal or is it something else?

If it smells like acetone you are okay.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

wanted to make something different for lunch for a change so did this yesterday - Crustless Tuna Pies -

2 tins tuna

3 eggs

3 tablespoons cream cheese

grated chedar

mix all together (leave some cheddar to put on top) and bake in a muffin tray in the oven at 180-200 for 35 - 40 min.

Note - squeeze all the water out of the tuna before mixing.

Came out very lekker

Makes 6 pies.

think you can get a lot of Banting friendly meals in restaurants (without them calling it banting friendly) especially with breakfast, but it is still in the way they prepare the food and the quality of food that they do prepare that needs to change.  all they do is slap the words "banting friendly" on the menu and that settles it.

my 2c

Spur jumping on the Banting Bandwagon (Bantwagon - See what I did there..) Your thoughts?

Spur's wors/pork sausage will definitely contain cereal or starch...

The eggs will be filled with anti biotics...

Restaurants are trying to cash in. Unfortunately, a large number of people are "banting" without having done any kind of research. So they don't even know that what they are eating is full of crap.

Restaurants that actually cater for proper banting, including using quality ingredients that don't contain crap, are few and far between. They are also generally expensive because these ingredients are more expensive.

• 2 weeks later...

Let's see......

.. Never?

I commute on my single speed, and every day is like a time trial.

You raise a very good point. Perhaps I should take gears and ride very easy for 2 weeks...

Definitelly sounds like over training to me. Try slow down the time trials to work for a week or two and make sure you're getting enough calories (eat a few avos) and sleeping enough too.  You'll probably come out the other side like a raging bull! 

Check out the concept of polarised training if you're not familiar, basically 80% of your training must be done at a painfully light exertion rate and 20% at full taps to make sure you recover sufficiently. 

On a side note I had a similar experience once that turned out to be salt deficiency, I had a few electrolytes and came right quickly. Could be that too. 

Definitelly sounds like over training to me. Try slow down the time trials to work for a week or two and make sure you're getting enough calories (eat a few avos) and sleeping enough too. You'll probably come out the other side like a raging bull!

Check out the concept of polarised training if you're not familiar, basically 80% of your training must be done at a painfully light exertion rate and 20% at full taps to make sure you recover sufficiently.

On a side note I had a similar experience once that turned out to be salt deficiency, I had a few electrolytes and came right quickly. Could be that too.

It definitely was over training. I rested a bit, had a few light sessions, and the rode 94.7 in 3:29 on the single speed. I've never felt stronger. So now I'm actively building lighter sessions into my riding as soon as I feel that fatigue coming back.

Hijack on ---- see you at DC ----- highjack off

Sorry Sir, only read this now. Unfortunately not this year. Good luck tomorrow.

What nutrition apps support carbs in grams and NOT percentage of calories consumed? Myfitnesspal, which is brilliant, doesn't support this though. Or maybe someone has tips on tracing carbs?

Help will be appreciated.

What nutrition apps support carbs in grams and NOT percentage of calories consumed? Myfitnesspal, which is brilliant, doesn't support this though. Or maybe someone has tips on tracing carbs?

Calorie counter by fatsecret. Also has all the SA food in it.

It does do it by grams - either click on the home button (bottom left corner). or

from the diary screen, click the black Nutrition box - you then see a pie chart. In the top right corner of this screen is a small icon with 4 lines and dots. click this to see the nutrients listed.

It definitely was over training. I rested a bit, had a few light sessions, and the rode 94.7 in 3:29 on the single speed. I've never felt stronger. So now I'm actively building lighter sessions into my riding as soon as I feel that fatigue coming back.

It's good that you're feeling it now (as opposed to just thinking you're unfit). First step in becoming a true ninja!

Well done on the time that's blitzing!

It does do it by grams - either click on the home button (bottom left corner). or

from the diary screen, click the black Nutrition box - you then see a pie chart. In the top right corner of this screen is a small icon with 4 lines and dots. click this to see the nutrients listed.

Hi Dale - thank you SOOOOO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!