Adverse analytical finding in recent mountain bike stage race

Tumbleweed

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just spoke to a Mate of Barry, CSA have posted this "named" release without even notifying the athlete himself... He is dumbstruck. Surely the athlete must be notified first???

I was contacted by the president of CSA, Mr William Newman, yesterday at around lunchtime. He told me that he'd like to forward me an email from the UCI regarding an adverse analytical finding of the substance Stanazolol in a random drug test conducted at the 2013 Absa Cape Epic, and that once i receive the mail i'll have 7 days in which to respond. I said no problem, i'll look at it. Recieved the email an hour or so later on my Blackberry, but the attachments were too big for me to open so I'd need to take a look from a computer. Got home from work late, didn't look at the mail, left for a meeting early this morning, but no worries, i have a few days to respond, i'll do so later on. Half way through the meeting my phones are beeping and ringing off the hook about CSA having issued a press release to the public with my name on it and that it's all over the hub already. No warning from Mr Newman so i can tell my family or my partner what's goin on.

Did the contact you before it was made public?

Thought it was the other way around

Read my admission of guilt post again.

Its a simple Yes or no Question

I did read it and judging by the timeline of events they did contact you before releasing the statement to the public

People are making out that they contacted you after the public announcement and using that as an argument against the UCI / CSA

I understand how you are upset that your name was released in the statement, but in all honesty why should they withhold your name?

So what does the weekend warrior do at tomorrow's Nissan?

I can just see the expression on the organisers face if I rock up with my fat arse and 5 year old bike with my G seeding number to tell them I have a TUE letter for him!!

FFS, life is WAY to complicated.

I have had my suspicions about him for a very long time.

Anyway, my next guess.

You got flagged, as you suggested.

You were randomly tested, them thinking and hoping that they will return a positive.

Boom, it's in the press and they look good, victory for them and all the anti-doping brigade.

Now stop pumping stront in to your body mate, they say it shortens your life span.

and causes stiffy problems

I said in jest(for a laugh since clearly there should be a IQ requirement for hubbing)

Ah please we all use it it's like BIOPLUS

CLEARLY TOO MANY PEOPLE are WAAAAY TO SERIOUS AND DO NOT READ POSTS CLEARLY, THE WHOLE DAY I BEEN WATCHING EVERYONE COMMENT ABOUT BIOPLUS,,,,, SERIOUSLY.???? I was joking

you had me stressing cause i used bioplus on saturday after Sani so i wouldnt fall asleep while driving home to jhb!

So what does the weekend warrior do at tomorrow's Nissan?

I can just see the expression on the organisers face if I rock up with my fat arse and 5 year old bike with my G seeding number to tell them I have a TUE letter for him!!

FFS, life is WAY to complicated.

Hey Bart where u been, eating croissants on the sly (fat arse)?

Mtbaaaaaasiklist

Hope you are going to give all that money you made from the Tapout Foundation back.

And will you take that mohawk of your helmet now?

Or how many of the back markers were tested. Choice of 1200 riders!

On day 3 of the epic this year they tested the dude that came last...... waste of money or random drug testing level 9000????????

I hope the fat burners I take to try and lose weight so that Dangle doesn't point out my boep all the time are 100% legal, coz yes I did the Sani2C and my wife and I did an 8hr30 day2, so I wouldn't call it performance enhancing.... I think the issue for me, I entered a fun ride and not a race.

Barry, come ride with the fanta freeriders. For us it's about the grin, not about the pace. And we like a good set of guns too. We're not really for all this skinny jeans malarchy.