Adverse analytical finding in recent mountain bike stage race

Tumbleweed

Guest Travis.

So you know how he managed to get a ride at Epic and Sani2C then I guess :whistling:

Gotta love random posts that don't relate to factual events whatsoever.

Edited by Ma se ster beertjie

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Debt recovery is expensive.

In my field, any bad debts less than R35k we write off....it costs more to recover properly. and is a headache.

hence why you suggest a small fee each month. It'll cost them more to sue than the actual money.

tell them you a pineapple farmer, and you can only pay in pineapples monthly

you can give them a Whole sales pitch, if they dont want to eat them they can USE THEM

That's what I suggested to the UCI. I cc'd William Newman (the big cheese at CSA) in on the mail and await a response. I was provisionally suspended from all races until the outcome. A few ppl have suggested just racing anyway and stuff CSA, but that's not the right thing to do. Also, the last thing I need is a heaftier sentence for blatant defiance. I'll take the 2 years, but there's no way I'm paying a fine. Telling them it's not within my financial means is not just a story, it's a fact, and that's exactly what I've said.

I don't get you lot. When a thread comes up of some guy cheating, everyone calls for the book to be thrown at them. "Ban them for life" are the calls. Full consequence of the rules must apply.

Here the OP has admitted to doping, is not contesting that he cheated. The OP has always said he will accept the consequence of his actions and he knew what would happen if he got caught. But now that the consequences are here, the OP does not want them. And more to the point, everyone seems to agree, it is to harsh. Lesser sentence, allow him to race. Stuff the rules, just do what you want.

What nonsense. You did the crime, do the time. As the OP says, it is the right thing to do.

No bucks for the 'fine'... entry to Epic & S2C are REAL cheap :whistling:

Obviously you did not read the whole thread.

Guest Travis.

I don't get you lot. When a thread come up of some guy cheating, everyone calls for the book to the be thrown at them. "Ban them for life" are the calls. Full consequence of the rules must apply.

Here the OP has admitted to doping, is not contesting that he cheated. The OP has always said he will accept the consequence of his actions and he knew what would happen if he got caught. But now that the consequences are here, the OP does not want them. And more to the point, everyone seems to agree, it is to harsh. Lesser sentence, allow him to race. Stuff the rules, just do what you want.

What nonsense. You did the crime, do the time. As the OP says, it is the right thing to do.

Some suggest he do the races, yes, but I think you're missing the point here. Why punish a guy to death when he's admitted it all? He's willing to accept the 2 year ban, which is a rather hectic punishment. But now they want to nail hiom with a HUGE fine. We as South Aricans cannot be paying in another currency with our weak one. R2500, by all means, maybe even to max R10k.

It reminds me of this Afrikaans joke:

'n Grap is 'n grap, maar 'n mens maak nie 'n sambreel in 'n man se gat oop nie.

You did the crime, do the time. As the OP says, it is the right thing to do.

He is prepared to do the time, did you not read properly??

they should start with the sub vets !

In mountain biking there is no subvets... and the ballies have to race in the elite class...no wonder they all need gear :ph34r:

Both

Why do you not want to pay? You have admitted that you knew what you were doing when you took your first shot of drugs. You continually say you want to do the right thing.

The right thing would be to accept the fine and consequences for what you did and then get on with it.

I don't believe the "I cannot afford the fine" is a valid argument.

They could easily arrange an affordable payment schedule over a longer time period probably with some interest added, which if its swiss based will be pretty low luckily.

The question will also arise how you could afford to do the event (not only the entry fee but all the other associated costs) or that you could sell your mtb and equipment to help contribute towards the cost.

He is prepared to do the time, did you not read properly??

Koukie, lets not get personal. There is no need for that.

The ruling is a fine and a ban. That is what he should do.

Okay, seems my post regarding entry to Epic & S2C were offsides? If the OP is banned for 2 years, sell the bike/bikes to pay the 'fine'?

Guest Travis.

Okay, seems my post regarding entry to Epic & S2C were offsides? If the OP is banned for 2 years, sell the bike/bikes to pay the 'fine'?

Why sell the bikes? Is he not allowed to ride at a personal capacity either?

tell them you a pineapple farmer, and you can only pay in pineapples monthly

you can give them a Whole sales pitch, if they dont want to eat them they can USE THEM

Have you any idea how expensive / complicated it is to export pineapples to EU or Switz?

I don't get you lot. When a thread come up of some guy cheating, everyone calls for the book to the be thrown at them. "Ban them for life" are the calls. Full consequence of the rules must apply.

Tumbles is the OP. Did I miss something? Did he also admit to doping? Maybe dopping at his favourite pub. ^_^

But I agree with the rest of your post.

Why sell the bikes? Is he not allowed to ride at a personal capacity either?

Definately not.

He must sit in the naughty corner and think about what he has done. :whistling: