Adverse analytical finding in recent mountain bike stage race

Tumbleweed

If you read the rules posted by NINJA, you will see they make provision for recovering the "results management costs" and specify the amount. So it is not a fine.

I'm not a lawyer, but we are all probably ignorant, and when we enter a sanctioned event, we accept the rules etc of the governing bodies. In so doing, we have "signed" a contract. And to our detriment, without reading and understanding the consequences.

So we become liable. Not that we change the terms, but we could decide not to partake !

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, why don't you get a second job to pay for the lawyers fees? Perhaps phone super sport to see if they need a co host for the weekly cycling programme. Assuming you have a voice like honey, did I spell that right?

sharp ou

Why do you not want to pay the fine ? Is it because you do not have the money, or because it is to much in your opinion ?

Focus SB ;)

'Telling them it's not within my financial means is not just a story, it's a fact, and that's exactly what I've said. ' so probably both?

Why do you not want to pay the fine ? Is it because you do not have the money, or because it is to much in your opinion ?

QUESTION with a question slows,, do you think the "FINE" is realistic?????

See my post above. Looks like it is not a fine, but to cover the costs.

When will this end...?

Doping - never.........in any sport

This thread - sometime in the future

Decide what outcome you're willing to accept and how much you want to spend on lawyers.

Compare with whats on offer.

Do the sums.

That's what I suggested to the UCI. I cc'd William Newman (the big cheese at CSA) in on the mail and await a response. I was provisionally suspended from all races until the outcome. A few ppl have suggested just racing anyway and stuff CSA, but that's not the right thing to do. Also, the last thing I need is a heaftier sentence for blatant defiance. I'll take the 2 years, but there's no way I'm paying a fine. Telling them it's not within my financial means is not just a story, it's a fact, and that's exactly what I've said.

Thanks for updating the topic and posting the official documentation, it is interesting to follow from an outsiders perspective. Its definitely a lousy situation to be in.

Hopefully they will consider reducing the "fine".

Based on what they say in the acceptance sanction letter its not a fine as such but rather liability for the costs of the whole process which they are trying to recover.

If it was a fine then I could see them reducing it, but if its based purely on costs i'm not sure if they will entertain the idea, and it might end up costing you more in legal fee's to argue (and possibly loose) the issue.

Interesting question is if you did not return a positive, how do they recover those costs? Point being is that they already have some sort of fee structure to recover those costs and thus its more of a punishment and not a cost recovery exercise.

He said above that he does not have the means to pay

I agree-tell them to bugger off!

If it means you can't ride a UCI sanctioned event- does it really matter?

There are only a couple in RSA anyway...

You cannot ride any race. You cannot even go to a race as a spectator. Even a around the church event.

No bucks for the 'fine'... entry to Epic & S2C are REAL cheap :whistling:

So you know how he managed to get a ride at Epic and Sani2C then I guess :whistling: