The 100th Edition Of The Tour de France: Chirps, Opinions, News, Updates.

'Dale

Pick the yellow and green jersey winners.  

305 members have voted

1. 1. Who will reign in Yellow?

• Froome Dawg (Sky)
    • Contador (Saxo Tinkoff)
    • A Schleck, Radioshack
    • Evans (BMC)
    • Uran (Sky)
    • Tejay (BMC)
    • Gesink (Blanco)
    • Hesjedal (Garmin Sharp
    • Valverde (Movistar)
    • J Rodriquez (Katusha)
    • Suprize package!
  2. 2. Who will reign in Green?

• Sagan (Cannondale Pro Cycling)
    • Cav' (Omega Pharma Quickstep)
    • Greipel (Lotto Bellisol)
    • Bouhanni (FDJ)
    • Goss (Orica-Greenedge)
    • Surprize package?

Funny - someone expresses true feelings and he's a whinger! I would like to see more riders taking down the filter and say what they think!

Guarantee there is no real bad blood between the 2 of them - they have both shown they have great respect for each other.

And its not like Contador will take less risks now anyway - which is a good thing...

Edited by dracs

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So, back to the race - seems there is a good chance of rain for the late starters - this could really mix things up a bit as there are 2 technical decents... Good for Contador I'd say.

Edited by dracs

Funny - someone expresses true feelings and his a whinger! I would like to see more riders taking down the filter and say what they think!

Guarantee there is no real bad blood between the 2 of them - they have both shown they have great respect for each other.

And its not like Contador will take less risks now anyway - which is a good thing...

Yeah and the worst is it seems like a lot of the comments are not based on what really was said but what words the media wrote into the story.

This is exactly why some riders don't want to release data onto the public platforms, people like to look for the wrong thing so they can stand up on their soap boxes and shout wolf when all they have seen is a greyhound....

Dude, the oke is African, soft spoken , has never been implicated in a drug scandal rides like a champion , is not scared to attack even though he is in yellow and is giving us a GREAT TOUR,

WHAT DO YOU WANT?

Im so tired of this, he was maybe born here but he is a Britt now. http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/news/afp/130715/cycling-froome-extremely-proud-be-british

Despite that, he had never even been to the United Kingdom until he competed in the Tour of Britain in 2007 but he says he has no doubts whatsoever about his ties to the country.

"I feel 100 percent British," he said at a news conference on Monday, the second rest day of this year's Tour de France.

"I am extremely proud of being British and I really appreciate the many messages of support I have received from the British public."

Im so tired of this, he was maybe born here but he is a Britt now. http://www.globalpos...roud-be-british

Despite that, he had never even been to the United Kingdom until he competed in the Tour of Britain in 2007 but he says he has no doubts whatsoever about his ties to the country.

"I feel 100 percent British," he said at a news conference on Monday, the second rest day of this year's Tour de France.

"I am extremely proud of being British and I really appreciate the many messages of support I have received from the British public."

Yeah, saddened by this... but I would agree, being of European descent, African is a state of mind, some people are 50th generation African and still consider themselves Dutch, while others are first generation and have Africa written on their hearts... Froome, by his own admission, is a Brit.

Yeah, saddened by this... but I would agree, being of European descent, African is a state of mind, some people are 50th generation African and still consider themselves Dutch, while others are first generation and have Africa written on their hearts... Froome, by his own admission, is a Brit.

Not really. What else was he going to say - he rides for them in the olympics, is team leader for what is pretty much the uk flag carrying team, and was asked by a UK journalist. He is a product of Africa and comes here when he can - he pretty much is never in the UK. As you say - being African can be a state of mind and Froome has said before that once retired he will come back to Africa.

Edited by dracs

Great racing yesterday! Why must the attacks always be on the steepest climbs? Think back to last week when the crosswind and the attack split the peleton. When last did you see an attack on the descent? Berto might be getting desperate but there is no harm in trying and it makes for fantastic viewing. Now if Schleck can pack his chute away and Evans find some legs we can have a proper race :whistling:

Mikkel Condé v2.0@mrconde4m

Regarding bike changes. OPQS' Rolf Aldag tells Danish newspaper that Tony Martin will change bike 3 (!!) times during the time trial.

he's not stupid, you don't bite the hand that feeds you. knows when to not always say what he wants to.

Would not have expected him to answer/say anything else and don't blame him either.

G

Not really. What else was he going to say - he rides for them in the olympics, is team leader for whatn is pretty much the uk flag carrying tea, and was asked by a UK journolist. He is a product of Africa and comes here when he can - he pretty much is never in the UK. As you say - being African can be a state of mind and Froome has said before that once retired he will come back to Africa.

Great racing yesterday! Why must the attacks always be on the steepest climbs? Think back to last week when the crosswind and the attack split the peleton. When last did you see an attack on the descent? Berto might be getting desperate but there is no harm in trying and it makes for fantastic viewing. Now if Schleck can pack his chute away and Evans find some legs we can have a proper race :whistling:

Ja and it was nice to see Purito try something at last... and katusha actually kicked it off on that climb

Wow, if only Froome had the time to read this thread then he would really know how to race. And then we could teach him how to be hard as well. I mean how soft cock was that ride up vontoux?

ok, how does this work,

Bicyle Mag SA just posted on their FB page "Life NOW" but SS only has the life transmission starting at 13:30.

G