Calling on you gamers

Guest Kalahari ou

On a local FB page here in Dubai. A bloke was closing down his BitCoin Mining Setup. He was advertising 3000 Gigabyte 1080 Cards.... Man, I don’t know exactly what his involvement was but damn that’s a hell of a lot of cards!!

[emoji50]

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

https://youtu.be/NBmm_QlKTgw

For some perspective on just how powerful the 3080 is. Battlefield 3. Circa 2011. On a 9900k and a 3080 running at around 80fps in 8k. You can sort of pick up occasional subtleties where it shows. But for the most part it. This game aged really well. Hard to believe its nearly a decade old.

Which older titles would you like to see run on a new machine?

But how does it run Crysis?

Right, so who managed to snag an RX6000 series graphics card from a local source?

I don't know about that, but I'm contemplating maybe snagging an Xbox One S on Black Friday, although something tells me to keep that dosh for a rainy day.

BTW, Elite Dangerous is free from yesterday on Epic Game Store for a week.

Must say I really enjoy playing ED. I love the fact that you can do anything you feel like when you log on, even if the game is a bit grindy.

• 2 weeks later...

So i got this today but have now run into a moerse snag 

There's about a billion vids showing how to migrate the data with software but none of these vids tell you that you need to pay 20$ for the software before it will work 

so does someone  know of software that is ACTUALLY free or what else can I do 

MY Tower sees the Harddrive when i go to computer manager but when going to my computer it doesn't appear 

post-46013-0-73972300-1607092930_thumb.jpeg

You need to format and partition the drive. Right click on the Unallocated drive to get to the required options. Unfortunately I don't have a drive with an unallocated portion to run you through all the steps, but it is pretty straightforward. 

Edit: Also, I personally wouldn't go with a merge, I would rather start a fresh install. Gives you a good opportunity to do some housekeeping as well.

Edited by bertusras

You need to format and partition the drive. Right click on the Unallocated drive to get to the required options. Unfortunately I don't have a drive with an unallocated portion to run you through all the steps, but it is pretty straightforward. 

Edit: Also, I personally wouldn't go with a merge, I would rather start a fresh install. Gives you a good opportunity to do some housekeeping as well.

I always keep my OS and data on separate drives for this very reason. Gives me the option for a fresh install without having to move the data before doing that.

okay but how do I get windows on the new disk ?

right clicking on the new sick gives 5 options 

Covert to dynamic disk 

Convert to GPt disk 

Properties

Help

okay but how do I get windows on the new disk ?

You can’t “ghost or HDClone” an sATA to NVMe drive. Would say start with a clean Windows install on the NVMe.

Make sure to disconnect the sATA drive when installing Windows so that it creates a boot partition on your NVMe and not on the sATA drive.

What you need to have is a blank 8GB flash drive.

Search for Windows 10 media creator

Download and run the file

Create a Windows 10 install disk

Starting from the flash drive install Windows on the new Drive.

Make sure you download the needed mainboard drivers. Windows 10 is rather forgiving regarding drivers, but a system just works much better with the correct and newest drivers. And do not trust Windows Update drivers, they are still prone to break a system.

If you get stuck I am willing to help. Installing Windows is 2nd nature at the moment and a everyday thing at the office for me.

Edited by Cois

I just gave up 

Busy downloading the install files onto a flash drive to just start this process from scratch 

Can't be;ieve that was such a struggle but finally got windows 10 installed and working on the SSD ( well new SSD) 

Now to start the dowloading spree  :thumbdown: