What TV shows are you watching?

FrankG

Yes I see so. I tried to look it up in Netflix but no go. Talking of Netflix, am I the only person who finds their search facility maddeningly illogical and non-functional? 

It searches for what you type, lists it in the list of results, but not in the viewable options because they don't have it? 

Why return it in a result set if you don't have it. Result of search could return alternative recommendations, sure, but not the existence of a title you don't have. 

:cursing:

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I see so. I tried to look it up in Netflix but no go. Talking of Netflix, am I the only person who finds their search facility maddeningly illogical and non-functional?

It searches for what you type, lists it in the list of results, but not in the viewable options because they don't have it?

Why return it in a result set if you don't have it. Result of search could return alternative recommendations, sure, but not the existence of a title you don't have.

Think I watched it on Showmax ..was a while ago..but it was really good.

It does that to return related titles (e.g. similar genres, actors, etc.) to the one you searched. 

It does that to return related titles (e.g. similar genres, actors, etc.) to the one you searched. 

Yes, I know but it's illogical and frustrating, making it a two-stag search rather than one. After the first search, it shows in the list of results as well as a list of similar results. Only after you click on it in the list do you realise it is not available. Far better not to include it in the result set and merely offer alternatives. As a database developer, it really irks me. Imagine if Google worked that way?

Started watching Chernobyl. So far....excellent!

I see it airs here tomorrow. Edited by Gen

455cadacb5ed2c0c1f9b3579d6fd29ee.jpg

2 years we had to wait for this nonsense. I could barely stomach season 7 but season 8 ??? They went for shock and awe over a decent conclusion. I could have lived with the **** had they not turned Danerys into a mad queen, all that holier than thou **** all those years was for what exactly? Just so that they could take a dump on her character development??...what a **** ending.

For all you star wars fans you need to PRAY!.

Interesting to see so much hate... Yeah the ending was a bit underwhelming but it was on par with the rest of the last 2 series, can't agree that it was any worse or a letdown.

I also disagree with almost everything in that tweet - I don't think mister khaled has been paying attention.

On Dany - the hints have been there from  the beginning that she is a bad and cruel ruler that doesn't learn from her mistakes (remember the mess she made at Meereen, all the people she had cruelly executed for flimsy reasons in previous seasons) - it's only when she did it to Kings Landing and not characters we disliked that we noticed (we were as ignorant as "You know nothing"-Jon Snow until it was too late)

I also like Brandon Stark story arc progressing from the 3 eyed raven to the ruler of the 6 kingdoms - he has all the attributes needed to rule that Jon doesn't have (who have already demonstrated that he is a good soldier but a useless & naive king) and him becoming king (and not being able to have children himself) breaks the whole "game of thrones" cycle.

(And hating a series finale because of ink that doesn't dry fast enough - seriously?)

(And hating a series finale because of ink that doesn't dry fast enough - seriously?)

We call those memes

Started watching Chernobyl. So far....excellent!

Can’t wait for the next episode.

If you want to watch some background programming watch the heroes of Chernobyl on youtube. It is a real sad story and gives a lot of insight on what happened there that day

455cadacb5ed2c0c1f9b3579d6fd29ee.jpg

Interesting to see so much hate... Yeah the ending was a bit underwhelming but it was on par with the rest of the last 2 series, can't agree that it was any worse or a letdown.

I also disagree with almost everything in that tweet - I don't think mister khaled has been paying attention.

On Dany - the hints have been there from the beginning that she is a bad and cruel ruler that doesn't learn from her mistakes (remember the mess she made at Meereen, all the people she had cruelly executed for flimsy reasons in previous seasons) - it's only when she did it to Kings Landing and not characters we disliked that we noticed (we were as ignorant as "You know nothing"-Jon Snow until it was too late)

I also like Brandon Stark story arc progressing from the 3 eyed raven to the ruler of the 6 kingdoms - he has all the attributes needed to rule that Jon doesn't have (who have already demonstrated that he is a good soldier but a useless & naive king) and him becoming king (and not being able to have children himself) breaks the whole "game of thrones" cycle.

There was no progressing from the 3 eyed raven to the ruler, he was the 3 eyed raven and then the ruler..snap of the finger..just like that.. Bran is a very interesting character who's development was neglected by the show runners... but many other interesting characters and their stories were neglected or ignored to make room for action and shock value.

As many have said.. it isn't the ending it is how they got there that is the problem.

yes and ?

People weren't hating on the show because of that... It was just funny....a bit like creepy bran in the first 2 episodes

Can’t wait for the next episode.

If you want to watch some background programming watch the heroes of Chernobyl on youtube. It is a real sad story and gives a lot of insight on what happened there that day

Will do. There is also a nice little featurette after the credits (at least episode 2 - I need to go back and check if there was one after episode 1) that gives a bit of background info and making of the shows.