Sani2C 2014

Blits

Don't know what they are complaining about. I saw farmer Glen on day 2 and 3 of the trail and got my pic at the end. Such a nice pic I got it put onto a mug for fathers day with the wording "Worlds best Sani2C partner" :-)

It seems we on the Trail saw more of Farmer Glen than the Adventure & Race riders :-)

Was a bit worried beforehand that the Trail riders would be neglected in favour for the more "established" versions, but now it seems it was the other way around :ph34r:

Not sure if I'd be doing the Sani next year as it is a very expensive logistically if you live in Cape Town, and there are so many other races to do. But it would be nice to know if you give up your entry for next year it would be possible to get back into the race in the future.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I at least got an entry to the Isuzu Ride the Rock in Cederberg next Feb. I have to start somewhere, even if it is 1000+km from me. Evans and Mcdonald have won it before, so can't be such a bad race. I'll keep trying the others, but if it go's like it has, I probably will never ride Joberg/Sani/Epic

Also did the Trail. We saw Farmer Glen on all three days and have the photo with him at the finish to boot. It's a massive event, so keeping it personal is difficult. You can see they're doing the best they can.

One such example; my partner's (krl747) Salomon jacket was chowed by his dog after his wife forgot it outside. She dropped Tamika a mail asking if she could buy a new one, as she was feeling really bad about it. To make a long story short, they sent her a new jacket and some doggy biscuits at no cost whatsoever.

You don't see that every day!

best value for money still

So I got about 8 S2C jackets , plenty t-shirts , enough beanies to go to North-Pole , raincoats , cycling tops , arm warmers ..... maybe I should go out to a clothing shop just to check that I am still in "style" .

It seems we on the Trail saw more of Farmer Glen than the Adventure & Race riders :-)

Was a bit worried beforehand that the Trail riders would be neglected in favour for the more "established" versions, but now it seems it was the other way around :ph34r:

Not sure if I'd be doing the Sani next year as it is a very expensive logistically if you live in Cape Town, and there are so many other races to do. But it would be nice to know if you give up your entry for next year it would be possible to get back into the race in the future.

farmer glen helped me fix a side wall cut on day 2 of the trail,i saw him a few times.

Edited by bassasdaindia

Geez. I didnt know this Farmer Glen was so important... I saw him at the Magalies Monster (a whole lot of times)

, and no one was swamping him for photos. Next time I see him I'll take a bunch load and send to you guys!!!

Entries open for 2013 competitors on 15 July.

Entry fee still to be confirmed though. I think we are looking at between R11,000 and R12,000 per team?

Entry fee still to be confirmed though. I think we are looking at between R11,000 and R12,000 per team?

Damn, 6 gorillas per person....

Nee dankie, after trying for 3 years to get into sani I gave up.

Also out oom...got the t-shirt.

Nee dankie, after trying for 3 years to get into sani I gave up.

NEVER TOOK YOU AS A QUITTER OOM

OOM AND ROUXTJIE, I CANT DO SANI2C THIS YEAR MY PARTNER IS IN NEW ZEALAND AS YOU KNOW, WE GOT A RACE ENTRY YOU KEEN????