Unethical seller.

Wyatt Earp

What snap shot, he pm'd me earlier today asking for my postal address again.

I sent it to him, still have not heard from him.

He purposely avoided my previous e-mails except when I sent confirmation of payment 2WEEKS ago he sent me an mail saying they will be sent off tomorrow and he will send me the tracking number.

2 weeks taking a "pot shot" or "snap shot" as you call it ?

The seller has zero to less than zero scruples.

You have had a bad experience agreed, there a more posts on this thread having had good dealings with him.

In your retail store, when you mess up, does that make you a person with Zero Scruples? or just someone who messed up?

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You have had a bad experience agreed, there a more posts on this thread having had good dealings with him.

In your retail store, when you mess up, does that make you a person with Zero Scruples? or just someone who messed up?

Do I pay your staff for coffee and they don't hand me a cup of coffee ?

Making a mistake and taking money and avoiding people is not the same thing.

You might have had a good experience, the seller has avoided this topic, pm'd me after he probably saw it.

Unless he comes here and gives a reason why he has taken my money, avoided and ignored my e-mails and pm's for 2 WEEKS, he has no scruples.

Did you not think that I thought it through carefully before I created the topic ?

The people on this forum have the right to know who they are dealing with, I did my duty.

The bottom line, if he responded to my e-mails , or even bothered to tell me what the problem was, we would not have been sitting here discussing the issue.

Even after two weeks.

Edited by Wyatt Earp

And then people start defending someone for a bad deal on the Hub...

It's human nature, Mr. Seattle obviously had a different experience to me.

I am a very chilled ,relaxed person, get shafted way too often because of it, so this topic was not for me "to get back" at the seller, but rather to warn my fellow forumites of it.

Edited by Wyatt Earp

Do I pay your staff for coffee and they don't hand me a cup of coffee ?

Nope, but I have on occasion taken money and given out the wrong coffee :ph34r:

The people on this forum have the right to know who they are dealing with, I did my duty.

And I have done mine, I had a completely opposite experience to share with the guys on this forum

Wyatt, I will hold thumbs that you get sorted out. I know what it's like to be too chilled... I was lenient for over 2 years about a motorbike. The last 6 months my calls were avoided by the culprit. Using other / hidden phone numbers would result in "hello hello" and the phone hung up as soon as I told the guy it was me. I also resorted to naming and shaming and then suddenly I got a response. I got the bike back just over a week later. I will hope that mr leach is faster than the culprit in my situation was in sorting you out.

Being too nice is a recipe to be taken advantage of.

wtf?????

I expect a tracking number within 48 hours of paying. There is no excuse for any longer. I get really hard ass when I pay for something and it doesnt get delivered. when I sell something on the hub, I take photos and then packege the item. If it sells, I send it upon proof of payment irrespective of it being my bank or another bank. I trust people and expect them to return the favour.

Sorry about this Wyatt, hope you receive your shades or your ching back.

Surely there is a difference between making a mistake (like we all do, everyone who trades and deals with people does) and taking money & not responding to any form of communication??

And I think that is what the OP expected and is the way to do business should you have run into a problem

If you are going to sell something, anywhere, retail or online customers expect to receive the goods on settlement or within a reasonable and negotiated time frame, 48 hours would be maximum in my opinion, that's just plain good business practice and can never be up for debate.

If for some reason you do not have the product on hand and delivery will take "X" number of weeks, which can happen, then its good business practice to advise the customer as such, preferably before concluding the transaction, taking someones money and not delivering or acknowledging the client in any way could easily be seen as suspicious........ and thats not good business practice.

When I sell something online and take money from someone who does not know me a take extra care with the speed of my service and my communication between myself and the buyer...

You don't sell something to someone online and cut communication. That's a obvious run away... 10 good deals don't correct 1 sour deal.

If I were you, I would have started the same thread and contacted admin. Seems to me this guy sold your shades to someone else and is now trying to find more stock... Shady....

Surely there is a difference between making a mistake (like we all do, everyone who trades and deals with people does) and taking money & not responding to any form of communication??

I agree. Communication is the key. If there is a problem, notify the seller/buyer immediately. It is only common decency and the right thing to do.

COMMUNICATE!!!!

I agree communication is key - I recently purchased 2 items from Hubbers I have never met - and had great expierence.

Don't want to bring other forum names in but the iTrader systems used on Carbonite is a sure way to indicate which sellers are trustworthy, just an idea (mods)

Edited by in10sive