Rant: Development riders involved in theft of bikes at Knysna race

Cassie

Source: Knysna plett Herald 4 July 2013

Summary - 3 high end bikes were stolen on Sunday from the finish. Quick response and observant people saw 8 youngsters dressed in cycling gear removing some bikes from the area. Security went to nearby local hostel....where....wait for it.....

"They found the team members and their coach busy loading the bikes onto their trailer..."

Wtf???? Shocking display of leadership by coach!!

Even though PnP sponsored the event...you cannot just go around and go affirmative shopping!!!!!

No criminal case was opened....pity!!!

There goes my faith in humanity....

I'll not be helping any development teams anytime soon....they screwed it up for everybody!!!

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Second the why was no case opened?

Someone has to take responsibility, this is pure criminal activity.

And I'm sure a lot of people won't be to keen to support the development program further.

Source: Knysna plett Herald 4 July 2013

Summary - 3 high end bikes were stolen on Sunday from the finish. Quick response and observant people saw 8 youngsters dressed in cycling gear removing some bikes from the area. Security went to nearby local hostel....where....wait for it.....

"They found the team members and their coach busy loading the bikes onto their trailer..."

Wtf???? Shocking display of leadership by coach!!

Even though PnP sponsored the event...you cannot just go around and go affirmative shopping!!!!!

No criminal case was opened....pity!!!

There goes my faith in humanity....

I'll not be helping any development teams anytime soon....they screwed it up for everybody!!!

That is going onto twitter!!! Let the bastards suffer!

I agree, just like the next time a cyclists block the road riding two abreast, it should go onto twitter because all cyclists should suffer. All cyclists are rubbish.

Just because these guys are theives, doesn't mean they all are.

Are you really expecting some folk to think Eugene ? Then it really will snow !

how do you make the jump from "8 young riders" to "development riders" ?

Agree with Slowbee here... for the link to a development team to be credible you (or the source article) should really name and shame.

Many development riders I've met and come across on the trail are riding old model bikes (and doing very well on them!) and are considerate and very courteous.

What exactly are you planning on posting on Twitter?... the info is very broad. At most the only 'bastards' that will suffer is the general bicycle racing community.