Rant: Development riders involved in theft of bikes at Knysna race

Cassie

It is only trespassing if it says so...

If one cyclist rides like a tjop we all get the blame....same case here....anyway I am not going to debate this. I know which development team I have seen at the event so...

Tell tell

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok what other youth team arrives with their coaches and a trailer?

My local LBS runs a 'youth team' and they're not a 'development team'...

Difficult not to step into this one...

Heard a story not too long ago about the "boss" of cycling development going into a bike shop (which I know well) and telling the owner that he wants to buy bikes for development. Obviously a load of bikes. He then went on to tell the shop owner that he wants him to inflate the prices and then they will split the profits. Bike shop told him to go get f*cked.

Also, one thing I heard years back is that you qualify for development for the first 3 years of your cycling, then you are expected to self-sufficient and look after yourself cycling wise. I've seen the same guys "develop" for many, many more years now. Venture a guess why?

I will rather stay quiet...before I make some uncalled remarks.

So... you're not posting on Twitter then?... :whistling:

Why was no criminal case opened? That is theft plain and simple!!

Would love to know the explanation to this?

Would love to know the explanation to this?

'cos the complainants got their bikes back and reporting this to the police and hoping it ever got to court (and then successfully prosecuted) was going to be a massive amount of trouble for **** all chance of success...

SO I BREAK INTO A BANK I get caught when all the money is in my boot down the road but ABSA gets there money back no harm no foul THATS WHATS WRONG WITH THIS COUNTRY, and we wonder why crime continues to climb, because people feel VAAAAAARK ALL ANYMORE, to stop big crime you have to start with petty crime,,,,now these laaitjies think OK we got away with this next race we need a few helmets,,,,,YOUR HELMET

Looks like Ryan is lus for a fight

Not at all. There's no mention of a specific development team (or any development team) in the article yet the jump to this accusation has been made. If you have the info to make this connection to a development team then say so and let the info be known. Read through the thread and you'll see there's a few more who share my opinion. Not fighting. Just wanting facts so I (and the rest of us) can make informed opinions before launching into a "Let's hate ALL development teams" riot...

Awesome avatar btw! :thumbup:

Edited by Ryanpmb

DONT SEE THE POINT IN NOT NAMING THE RIDERS,, they are thieves and should be getting WArM WELCOMES in prison

I believe it is illegal to name minors in legal proceedings, and they cant name the coach or the club to protect the identity of the minors.

But the whole trailer of bikes should have been confiscated and bikes given back one by one if a check against a stolen bike registry for said bike came up clean. Coach should have been arrested for sure though :thumbdown: Not sure why the bike owners are so stoked, means the blighters or their buddies will just be there at their next race and the one after that and after that, just eyeing out their top end bikes...

Oh so this is still the The Hub. After all the positive stuff over Daryl I was starting to wonder.

And go...........