Let's see those Cannondales

Hairy

• Replies 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is mine mate but you right, that’s so hot and neat and those spinergy’s ( life made)

cbcd064dfa5d15db2e8db0d6df23753d.jpg

also beautiful - I remember Sanfransico had one for sale for ages on the Hub.  I was very proud of myself for not buying it but now I'm thinking it was a missed opportunity

That is unfortunately a crazy price on a CAAD4.  Those Spinergy wheels you can get at around R4k on the 2nd hand market. 

Bought a CAAD5 (looks the same but with an Integrated headset) in April with 105 on and Mavic wheels for R3800.  Add the wheels and you are well under R10k still.

Would love to get a set of those wheels but they had a LOT of issues in their day.........

Looks brilliant thought and you get those flashbacks of Big Chippo kicking everyone's ass on that bike.  

Edited by Spinnekop

attachicon.gifWhatsApp Image 2020-09-07 at 13.00.09.jpeg

Post ride chilling at Spice Route on Sunday! 

First proper windy ride on the 60mm, not a problem. Still have a sound coming from seat post, going to add some more of that carbon paste, think it could be the power saddle as well that is creaking.

Is this the SuperSix?

I didn't realise that they had a rim brake version.

Damn nice bike. 

Is this the SuperSix?

Damn nice bike. 

SuperSix rim brake yes.  Stunning bike and you can get the weight lekker low.

Direct mount brakes if memory serves me well.

Edited by Spinnekop

Absolutely in love with this bike - really just rides so nicely and makes me look back more than twice when she parked :)

To date this remains the only scientifically proven way of determining whether you made the correct purchase. 

To date this remains the only scientifically proven way of determining whether you made the correct purchase.

My mates literally made me make the bad decision of buying this bike which I’m eternally grateful for [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

SuperSix rim brake yes.  Stunning bike and you can get the weight lekker low.

Direct mount brakes if memory serves me well.

Dual Pivot, direct mount is disc brake slang apparently. Learnt this when trying to order some Ultegra goodies for bike, alas nada dual pivoy in SA, EU or UK.

Danny does this with bikes, and his cars... so he's well trained in that department.

Is this the SuperSix?

Damn nice bike. 

Yebo, there is no high mod version of the rim brake. Not a train smash, still lighter than my old High Mod, can do full internal cable routing from bars. Also around the same frame weight as the high mod before groupset.