Over priced!

Joebike

Price isn't determined by what stuff costs to make etc, its determined by supply vs demand and what people are willing to pay. Like if a make cool frame for R10, but people are willing to pay R1000 for it, I'd be stupid to sell it for R20. But that's not just cycling stuff. Thats the case with everything. Welcome to the world.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

its FRIDAAAAAAY

Like clockwork.....

To the OP lets take up jukskei...see you at the oranje jukskei vereeniging or OJV as we in the know refer to it.

Lol :D Sounds like my grandfather!

But agree, thats why I always ride last year's models.. you get the at 1/2 or less their original price if you have a keen eye for bargains

Bicycles and bicyxle equipment is super overpriced!For the price of some bikes you can buy a car!Makes no sense at all!How do you guys feel about that!?

Watches are also overpriced.....for the price of some watches you can get 2 cars :whistling:

Then again for the price of some cars you could buy a bicycle or watch factory :thumbup:

If you were in a position where they put a car and a bicycle in front of you,lets say a decent second hand car and a s-works and you the siad buy one with your R70000!which one would you buy!?I also like cycling and my bike is built up to about R45000, I just think we are all being robbed of our money for the sport we love!

Bicycles and bicyxle equipment is super overpriced!For the price of some bikes you can buy a car!Makes no sense at all!How do you guys feel about that!?

Are you referring to the escalating and exorbitant pricing of cars ?

If you were in a position where they put a car and a bicycle in front of you,lets say a decent second hand car and a s-works and you the siad buy one with your R70000!which one would you buy!?I also like cycling and my bike is built up to about R45000, I just think we are all being robbed of our money for the sport we love!

Thanks and noted....

Just wait for the new prices of the 2014 stuff - i was given an indication from some suppliers that there will be a 20% or so increase due to the rand/dollar.

So an entry level full sus will now be like 25 to 30k!

I saw a cellphone in dubai for R250 000. Now that is overpriced

For you and me yes.....but not for a Sheik pumping out barrels of oil.

Money is a conduit to cycling, as with everything else. I like cycling more than I like money.