So Giant may dump their 29ers!

nigelhicks

now all Giant needs to do is to put a World Cup Winner and an Epic podium contender on their bikes and we'll all fall over our feet to get the stuff.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lot of bitter people on 26er out there, that's what I have learnt reading the last 4 pages.

Get over it! Already have my 650B sitting in the garage as most people who got 9ers are early adopters and don't sit on the web fighting on every platform they can find to make themselfs feel better about the size of their ....

By the way, whatever I decide to ride Saturday, I don't really care how u feel about it. I suggest u hop onto ur 26er and do the same.

Im not sure how "true" this is ... but i got word last night from a very informed industry insider that Giant are doing this as they have not been able to get the geometries of their 29ers spot on ...

So again it comes down to what they try and push into the market and make us "believe" that this is THE THING TO HAVE ...

You can make a brilliant 26er, 650B or 29er if your geometry is correct .... if its wrong .... no matter the wheelsize ... a *** bike is a *** bike ....

wish we could get the true inside story as to why they are doing this - they really are gonna loose sales IMO ....

sni snip snip - they really are gonna loose sales IMO ....

Lucky the local bike shops will be ok and only Makro/Game will really be affected :devil:

* posted specially for TumbleWeed the last Giant supporter I know ;)

Im not sure how "true" this is ... but i got word last night from a very informed industry insider that Giant are doing this as they have not been able to get the geometries of their 29ers spot on ...

So again it comes down to what they try and push into the market and make us "believe" that this is THE THING TO HAVE ...

You can make a brilliant 26er, 650B or 29er if your geometry is correct .... if its wrong .... no matter the wheelsize ... a *** bike is a *** bike ....

wish we could get the true inside story as to why they are doing this - they really are gonna loose sales IMO ....

Might be. My Epic 29er handles beautifully. It turns better, manuals better and is more stable than than my Anthem 26 so I don't have to downsize the wheel to fix anything.

Lucky the local bike shops will be ok and only Makro/Game will really be affected :devil:

* posted specially for TumbleWeed the last Giant supporter I know ;)

Oi! :cursing:

ROTFLMAO

Its not necessary to have the inside line - just read the Bike mag online article - it makes th same statement and confirms that the new Trance is a better beast than the TX 29er

Cav- yep looks pretty cool, wonder when Dragons will land them on this side.

Nolipoli, no reason to call me names bud, its a open format for anyone ( even us single digit posts knobs)

@OP Yes, you're quite correct, 29rs are a thing of the past. Has beens, been there, done that kind of thing. For boring people. That's why your search didn't find anything.Look under "Retro". And all these claims about them being faster are just that..claims, nothing but hot air.

I'm telling you, follow the trend that Giant sets, go 650B/27.5

Did you hear that Schwinn are bringing out at 26.75 in 2015 ?

They are running anthem in 29 for another two years thought.... Should probably wait for the 26.75, but I dont like Schwinn much ! :)

Bigger is better :whistling: and yes thats what she says :ph34r:

And much like Chuck Norris, nobody loses faith in 20 naainers!!

Edited by T Man