SA MTB Ballies (over 30) Mentalities ??? Please explain

nigelhicks

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not surprised.I must admit a lot of Guys have come to me and told me they doing worlds for the "chance of a lifetime" and when I ask,have you ever done a xco race before,errr NO.1st assumption is its the roadies but its not.It's the hackers who have never done this kind of racing before and didn't bother doing part of their provincial or national races that are crashing.If world masters Track was here is SA and open to all I wouldn't just enter because of that " chance of a lifetime" presuming because I can ride on the road ,I will be ok on the track.

That's what's happening here.

Been quite a sh i t storm on twitter over the "dumbing" of the XC course for the masters, come on guys, this is not a speed knitting contest, pull on your big girl panties and harden up.

Just seen Nicks tweet ... hahahahaha

If you see an oke coming at you with a schambok followed by a hyperactive staffie ... Id move! hahahaha

If any1 is found to B moving rocks logs etc on any of the tracks in Cascades park. You will be Thrashed. Don't bother arriving at the start.

CLASSIC

Looks like the staffie typed the tweet.

Will the UCi MTB Pietermaritzburg round be broadcast live on SS?

Edited by Sentinel

am sure its been mentioned but surely their should be some sort of qualification process, not like winning events but at least have completed say 2 x provincials and 1 x national race in your racing age category in the year of the champs?

am sure its been mentioned but surely their should be some sort of qualification process, not like winning events but at least have completed say 2 x provincials and 1 x national race in your racing age category in the year of the champs?

Yip, it also raises the level of the event on the day.

Time will tell..i can see a lot of people being lapped and causing strife for the top guys....let's hope not

Well, thats Deddi out. Broke his collarbone yesterday at the track. We almost back in Jozie for an op. Some **** luck.

Well said :thumbup:

XCO racing has never been this well supported in SA before, now all of a sudden its popular....

Time will tell..i can see a lot of people being lapped and causing strife for the top guys....let's hope not

Not to be ugly, but I think there will be a few bruised egos after all this.

Not to be ugly, but I think there will be a few bruised egos after all this.

Agreed - I know of guys that rode the course before MTN Hilton and the response was **** that I'm not ****** riding that **** course its ****** ******.

I wonder if history is repeating itself, like the state of road racing in SA - no hill finishes or TT s - "we dont like them because its too hard. Lets rather race some flat stuff over short distances, whoop whoop." Could it possibly be those same ex roadies now bringing ruin to mtb?

Lets rather get to international standards. Nothing wrong with riding a dual susser, ask mr. Cool Harvey!

Like like like like like!