MotoGP

SeaBee

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So awesome to have the racing back. Moto3 exciting as always...nothing changes (including poor Darren throwing it away right at the end when in contention for a podium).

Moto2 was a little boring and MotoGP was good with all the issues the heat was causing. That being said I hope its a bit cooler next weekend.

Honda is in big poo, Cal's been diagnosed with a fractured wrist and needs surgery too.

So the only 2 guys able to ride the Honda are out.

But they do have Alex and he IS a World Champion... 

Just saw this....he'd be crazy to, but I guess these guys are inherently a little crazy

post-23819-0-81818200-1595508742_thumb.png

Edited by travisza

Hmmm, crazy men; they better not do any dope testing methinks. Although to be fair about 50% of the stupid stuff I have done was unassisted by chemicals.

These guys didn’t get to where they are today by using common sense and logic.

This is why all of us here are only world champs on our keyboards.

These guys only start where the rest of us quit.

Disagree . These guys are world class athletes and are backed by huge teams including Doctors . Once that fracture has been plated and is stable , I reckon they would do a whole series of assessments to see if it could handle the impact of quali and racing . Lots of common sense and logic would apply to their unique situation. Which is very different to our situations.

Plenty of stories around bike riders in grand tours racing with broken bones . Just different circumstances 

Hmmm, crazy men; they better not do any dope testing methinks. Although to be fair about 50% of the stupid stuff I have done was unassisted by chemicals.

So was the other 50% of the stupid stuff chemically assisted ??  :ph34r:

Marc only needs to put in a few fast laps a day to be in Q2.  He knows the track as they've literally just been there.  So maybe not that much strain on the arm?  

Race day is a different story, but by then he'll have had many days of recovery...  :ph34r:

Disagree . These guys are world class athletes and are backed by huge teams including Doctors . Once that fracture has been plated and is stable , I reckon they would do a whole series of assessments to see if it could handle the impact of quali and racing . Lots of common sense and logic would apply to their unique situation. Which is very different to our situations.

Plenty of stories around bike riders in grand tours racing with broken bones . Just different circumstances

I wasn’t referring to their athletic ability. I’ve also been fortunate enough to call many a Motorsport (incl. bikes) National champ a friend. So I know how many of them tick.

I’ve seen what doctors sign off as “race fit” and sorry it comes up short of “common sense”. Riders having to shift with a bar switch and needing crutches to get off the bike...

Sorry, this is a business first, and if you not sure of that, watch what happens if Marc can’t ride, they will have another rider on the bike before the stitches come out his arm....