MotoGP

SeaBee

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i still think MM wont be his ultimate self when he eventually returns. Whether or not that is still enough to beat everybody else we'll only know then. He has rolled the dice so many times, falling was part of his style/way of finding the limit. it was a matter of time before he had the wrong kind of fall though. Law of averages and all. We'll see i guess. But there is a chance that his last crash could turn out to be the one that ends up being career defining. 

MM to miss Qatar

Good decision, no need to rush when he could miss 2 or 4 races and still win the title.

That being said, he does not need to win the title at the expense of a few more competitive years.

Anyone doubting his return should just watch the videos of his practice laps at Portimao. Turn 1 is not for sissies, hard on the brakes and he was not hanging about. The signs looks good, he will be back. It is not good news for the doom sayers (not you Patch), who were hoping for nerve damage that would end his career

Good decision, no need to rush when he could miss 2 or 4 races and still win the title.

That being said, he does not need to win the title at the expense of a few more competitive years.

Anyone doubting his return should just watch the videos of his practice laps at Portimao. Turn 1 is not for sissies, hard on the brakes and he was not hanging about. The signs looks good, he will be back. It is not good news for the doom sayers (not you Patch), who were hoping for nerve damage that would end his career

That guy is something else. I'm hoping he makes a return soon. The mice have had way too much play time while the cat has been away.

A mate of mine has the latest (as well as the not so latest) MM replica Shoei. Yoh Yoh Yoh!

That guy is something else. I'm hoping he makes a return soon. The mice have had way too much play time while the cat has been away.

A mate of mine has the latest (as well as the not so latest) MM replica Shoei. Yoh Yoh Yoh!

I saw an ad on FB marketplace for a Daijiro Kato lid, my heart actually pains I want it that much!!!!!!!!

Only one I would take over it would be a Casey Stoner Phillip Island 2010 helmet, when he rode the milky bar Duke.......

Only one I would take over it would be a Casey Stoner Phillip Island 2010 helmet

Dude you and me both. I've wanted one for so long, but never could justify spending that sort of money on something that will sit on a shelf. And I was a poor student in 2011 too.

Dude you and me both. I've wanted one for so long, but never could justify spending that sort of money on something that will sit on a shelf. And I was a poor student in 2011 too.

I did end up getting an early 2007 version of the Casey Stoner helmet. Regret selling it when I sold my bike to buy a house. Stupidity!!!!!

Edit: Wrong helmet in pic

post-35569-0-88805500-1616505094_thumb.jpg

Edited by Steven Knoetze (sk27)

People are actually saying that? People literally said, "I hope MM has nerve damage?"

Edited by Patchelicious

People are actually saying that? People literally said, "I hope MM has nerve damage?"

Openly implied.

You know who doesnt.... the poor blokes who had to race it.

They actually did get the bike right in the Japanese chapionships with Over Racing. But by that time they had pulled it from WSBK. The rear shock and weight were the achilles heel.......

Openly implied.

They actually did get the bike right in the Japanese chapionships with Over Racing. But by that time they had pulled it from WSBK. The rear shock and weight were the achilles heel.......

It’s a really pity, I liked the looks????????

I remember discussions with Russel and Greg and it was “they will never get that fat thing around Kyalami in under 2mins” ????

But for the life of me, I cannot recall who rode it in WSBK?

Edited by Patchelicious

A while ago there was an article in one of my UK mags about the SB8 that used the TL motor.

The feeling was that if Bimota hadn't had to refund everyone for that V-Due they would have had cash to continue with the WSBK project and who knows where that would have ended.  Certainly didn't have a fat engine that's for sure.