MotoGP

SeaBee

1 hour ago, Steven Knoetze (sk27) said:

Well, he is good mates with Cal........
How was that crash by Raul Fernandez!!!

Yeah looked like he traveled at least 400m off the bike. In my opinion Martin took the crash of the weekend though. I'm sure he is gonna feel that for quite a while.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What a Moto3 race. That was absolutely insane. Guys were pushing very fine margins and unfortunately DB40 got all of the flack.

Here is a link to the most balanced article I could find and it’s MotoGP riders giving their view. Obviously the Italians are livid.

https://www.crash.net/motogp/feature/991535/1/racing-incident-ban-super-licence-motogp-riders-discuss-binder-foggia-clash

Edited by l4y3rcake
Spelling

22 minutes ago, l4y3rcake said:

What a Moto3 race. That was absolutely insane. Guys were pushing very fine margins and unfortunately DB40 got all of the flack.

Here is a link to the most balanced article I could find and it’s MotoGP riders giving their view. Obviously the Italians are livid.

https://www.crash.net/motogp/feature/991535/1/racing-incident-ban-super-licence-motogp-riders-discuss-binder-foggia-clash

I think there was an interview where Brad Binder didn't hesitate to finger brother Darren as the most aggressive; can't remember the exact details. And this was after BB had taken out a few guys and been sanctioned in MotoGP.  But all a bit hypocritical and inconsistent as I particularly remember Dovi being taken out by Lorenzo which arguably (it was a first corner incident) cost him the world title eventually.

Please let Darren get to MotoGP, behave and not take his brother out. Just one of those is fine.

40 minutes ago, mazambaan said:

I think there was an interview where Brad Binder didn't hesitate to finger brother Darren as the most aggressive; can't remember the exact details. And this was after BB had taken out a few guys and been sanctioned in MotoGP.  But all a bit hypocritical and inconsistent as I particularly remember Dovi being taken out by Lorenzo which arguably (it was a first corner incident) cost him the world title eventually.

Please let Darren get to MotoGP, behave and not take his brother out. Just one of those is fine.

I agree he is aggressive. The problem I have is that he has a reputation of being reckless which I don't find a fair comment. Recklessness in definition gives the impression he doesn't care and I don't believe that for a second. Vale had the same reputation, as did Zarco and Simoncelli(RIP), so I hope he shows these naysayers a middle finger next year. Also the same **** doesn't happen in MotoGP cause the guys aren't bunched up like that for the whole race.

I always liken it to Butch James.  As Butch matured he became less reckless but still played a hard game.  But no matter what he did, if there was a marginal call he got penalised.  Same with Darryn.  He's not going to back off and because of a few incidents in the past (and the Commentators insisting on calling him Divebomb) in a 50/50 call he's going to get pinned.  Every time.

This interview from Senna back in the day sums it up perfectly

4 hours ago, l4y3rcake said:

I think the criticism Darryn is getting is warranted though. Yes this particular incident was more about being in the wrong place at the wrong time, but damn, he seems to have a habit of being in the wrong place at the wrong time.
He needs to work on his race craft, he has the pace but in close quarter racing he is not that good given the evidence of these sorts of incidents.

He will be on a dog slow Yamaha next year and out to prove a point as he most likely will only have the one year. It's a recipe for disaster IMO.

Also when you know that it is the 2 title contenders ahead, surely you are a bit more cautious?

Added: Lorenzo was banned for a few races in the 250cc class and he has openly said he needed it, to help him settle down.
Same as his first year in MotoGP, he absolutely wrecked himself over-riding and had to have a good think which made him the smooth rider that won multiple titles. I just don't think Darryn has the luxury of time. Will need to hit the ground running!!!!

Edited by Steven Knoetze (sk27)

1 minute ago, Steven Knoetze (sk27) said:

I think the criticism Darryn is getting is warranted though. Yes this particular incident was more about being in the wrong place at the wrong time, but damn, he seems to have a habit of being in the wrong place at the wrong time.
He needs to work on his race craft, he has the pace but in close quarter racing he is not that good given the evidence of these sorts of incidents.

He will be on a dog slow Yamaha next year and out to prove a point as he most likely will only have the one year. It's a recipe for disaster IMO.

Also when you know that it is the 2 title contenders ahead, surely you are a bit more cautious?

I can't agree with that bold part less. That's like saying Bottas or any other driver in F1 for that matter should take it easy on Max/Lewis in the last few races cause they might upset the outcome of the championship. It's absolutely absurd. These guys have bonus driven careers and every win/loss counts heavily on their pockets.

And Daryn isn't the cause of Fogia not having a shot in the last race, he has himself to blame for that. He scored 0 points in 5 of the first 7 races.

Also its the only crash this season that Binder has been involved in. Let that sink in. All his penalties were sanctioned during practice or quallies.

42 minutes ago, l4y3rcake said:

I can't agree with that bold part less. That's like saying Bottas or any other driver in F1 for that matter should take it easy on Max/Lewis in the last few races cause they might upset the outcome of the championship. It's absolutely absurd. These guys have bonus driven careers and every win/loss counts heavily on their pockets.

And Daryn isn't the cause of Fogia not having a shot in the last race, he has himself to blame for that. He scored 0 points in 5 of the first 7 races.

Also its the only crash this season that Binder has been involved in. Let that sink in. All his penalties were sanctioned during practice or quallies.

Look, my own hypocrisy is not lost on me because it is similar to the Marquez/Rossi Sepang 2015 situation. There I was fully behind Marc.
I hear you on this being his crash incident but he has been involved in others that haven't necessarily ended with a rider on the floor. Also, practice and quali do count and speak to a riders overall etiquette towards his competitors, so those sanctions do have a bearing.

At the end of the day opinions differ, I see your view, mine is just different. His promotion into MotoGP, how it was attained, etc. does factor into mine.
I suppose next year will tell a tale. I do not wish ill or bad luck, my personal opinion is that I think it is undeserved and too soon a move given his portfolio to date. I also hope that he does not injure himself or anyone else while trying to prove he belongs in the big time next year.
That's it, last for me on the subject.

One more race then it is a long stretch till 2022.
I see Marc is ruled out of the final race and the IRTA test following it. Bad news for Honda but also maybe a blessing as he won't have much input on the development, he could ride a shopping cart anyway........

17 hours ago, Steven Knoetze (sk27) said:

Look, my own hypocrisy is not lost on me because it is similar to the Marquez/Rossi Sepang 2015 situation. There I was fully behind Marc.
I hear you on this being his crash incident but he has been involved in others that haven't necessarily ended with a rider on the floor. Also, practice and quali do count and speak to a riders overall etiquette towards his competitors, so those sanctions do have a bearing.

At the end of the day opinions differ, I see your view, mine is just different. His promotion into MotoGP, how it was attained, etc. does factor into mine.
I suppose next year will tell a tale. I do not wish ill or bad luck, my personal opinion is that I think it is undeserved and too soon a move given his portfolio to date. I also hope that he does not injure himself or anyone else while trying to prove he belongs in the big time next year.
That's it, last for me on the subject.

One more race then it is a long stretch till 2022.
I see Marc is ruled out of the final race and the IRTA test following it. Bad news for Honda but also maybe a blessing as he won't have much input on the development, he could ride a shopping cart anyway........

As already said we all hope for the best outcome for both Binders as that level of racing is incredibly hard and close. There is always someone who can extract a bit more out of a bike and maybe understands the tiny nuances of weight distribution, tyres, reflex action, the electronics and risk on a particular track better than you do. That is what allowed Marquez to dominate until he pushed just a breath too far where his reflexes and the electronic setup he'd chosen couldn't save him so he took an old 500cc two stroke type crash.

Then its controlling the red mist.

How ironic that Foggia takes out Acosta in the last lap and gets a 3 sec penalty. No way he was making that turn.