Joggers vs Cyclists!!!

Guest Latent Blue

Guest Latent Blue

Rant on...

Firstly this didn't happen to me... we'll almost.. but here goes

I'm driving to work this morning and on Old main road there is these jogging tannies in Gillits(you can just see the her husbands money seeping through her pores...)

There is usually around 5 of them (as is the case this morning) 4 is on the pavement and the one is braving it on the road...

Now all this happens... I see a cyclist (happy commuter) approching (on the side of the joggers: the opposite side of the road I am on) and I see a car behind him...

I made my calculations and subtracted that hear comes groot k@k... as we will all meet at the same spot... i made the desicion the bust on to the pavement on my side the leave room for what is about to play out

The cyclist tries to look around and time his pass of the tannie in the road - because that b*tch aint changing her line! (they are jogging in the opposite direction of oncomming traffic and can see that there is oncomming traffic...)

The cyclist swerves to miss... the oncomming fortuner which did not pay attention (all the Gillits tannies do their makeup in fortuners) swerves.. and luckily I left enough room for the commuter not to get killed...

Gillits tannie: *% you!

Rant off...

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rant on...

I'm driving to work this morning and on Old main road there is these jogging tannies in Gillits(you can just see the her husbands money seeping through her pores...)

There is usually around 5 of them (as is the case this morning) 4 is on the pavement and the one is braving it on the road...

Now all this happens... I see a cyclist (happy commuter) approching (on the side of the joggers: the opposite side of the road I am on) and I see a car behind him...

I made my calculations and subtracted that hear comes groot k@k... as we will all meet at the same spot... i made the desicion the bust on to the pavement on my side the leave room for what is about to play out

The cyclist tries to look around and time his pass of the tannie in the road - because that b*tch aint changing her line! (they are jogging in the opposite direction of oncomming traffic and can see that there is oncomming traffic...)

The cyclist swerves to miss... the oncomming fortuner which did not pay attention (all the Gillits tannies do their makeup in fortuners) swerves.. and luckily I left enough room for the commuter not to get killed...

Rant off...

Latent bud... Get that surfboard and start using it

Life will be less stressfull and u won't worry about the Gillit's tannies

Well done in helping avoid an accident

Guest Latent Blue

Latent bud... Get that surfboard and start using it

Life will be less stressfull and u won't worry about the Gillit's tannies

Well done in helping avoid an accident

I'm still planning on getting some lessons before tossing out some money... :whistling:

Just need to HTFU...

Just like cyclists, there are considerate and inconsiderate joggers

In this case, both parties were wrong. The joggers should have been more considerate and moved a bit to the side. The cyclist should have anticipated what was going to happen and taken avoiding action long before the contact point.

It happens, and will continue to happen. Nothing you can do about it.

Guest Latent Blue

Just like cyclists, there are considerate and inconsiderate joggers

In this case, both parties were wrong. The joggers should have been more considerate and moved a bit to the side. The cyclist should have anticipated what was going to happen and taken avoiding action long before the contact point.

It happens, and will continue to happen. Nothing you can do about it.

True...

But that specific tannie is b*tch!

Hi Latent,

Well done. 99% of the road users do not think / care about what is going on around them. You saved the day for the ritch b*tch, pat yourself on the back.

Have a good day

Sarge

I'm still planning on getting some lessons before tossing out some money... :whistling:

Just need to HTFU...

Safer dicing with Zambezis/Great whites than being on the road

Rant on...

Rant off...

The cyclist must wake up!

Guest Latent Blue

Safer dicing with Zambezis/Great whites than being on the road

It seems to be so!

Guest Latent Blue

The cyclist must wake up!

Though he could no see the traffic from behind and make an accurate judgement as the jogger could (and had ample time to do so and a WHOLE HUGE pavement to get out of the way...

Almost got taken out by a jogger / s on the Klipheuwel rd yesterday afternoon. A bunch of joggers was standing in the yellow shoulder chatting to each other, their backs turned to me as I'm approaching at a decent clip. They were waiting for a straggler, all engaged in looking at her busy shuffling on towards them.

I could see that there is trouble on the way and whistled at them to make them attent on me approaching, when this did not work, I started calling out to them, no effect. In the meantime the cars is whizzing past from behind.

As I now realised that there is definately trouble (no chance to take evasive action to the right, the cars will flatten me), I slowed down considerably, aiming for the little bit of gap the one HUGE guy left between him and the road (he was still standing with his back to me). As I aimed at the gap, he stepped backwards and closed the gap. I had the option of either hitting him, or taking evasive action towards the road where the killer cars are. Decided to chance the road and swerved out just enough not to hit him, but also not to go too far into the roadway. Missed him by a hair, and luckily got missed by the car going past, myself.

I shouted at him "Hey, watch it" and just carried on cycling.

Could have turned out nasty.

Edited by Wannabe

Rant on...

Rant off...

Almost had a crash with joggers coming down from Chapmans peak to Noordhoek.

Came around the corner and there were a whole bunch of joggers spread 3-4 wide running up, luckily managed to evade them. but it was close.

The worst part was the lady in front was pushing a PRAM!!!! Who in their right mind runs up Chapmans peak with a Pram?

Though he could no see the traffic from behind and make an accurate judgement as the jogger could (and had ample time to do so and a WHOLE HUGE pavement to get out of the way...

What's the difference between a cyclist overtaking a cyclist and a cyclist overtaking a runner......zip