Argus 2014

vaalkol

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Any recommendations for good accommodation close to the start so that you can get there on your bike?

Anywhere in Cape Town.... The places are so close to each other here, that you do not have to pack in PADKOS when visiting friends/shopping centers/etc like in Gauteng.... :ph34r: :w00t:

Any recommendations for good accommodation close to the start so that you can get there on your bike?

On a lighter note, Greenpoint/Sea Point/Cape Town City/Vredehoek and surrounds could be a start.... Try a searching for B&B in these areas around that time.... :thumbup:

Good Luck though.... Accomodation tends to get quite expensive around these big events....

How did you enter? I only see entries opening on 1 Sept

You need to receive an email inviting you to enter, I think that you need to have done 10 or more to get a "VIP" entry. For the rest you must wait until 1 Sept

Depends on your budget. We are very argus freindly at the hotel where I work. A little welcome pack,Do a pre argus dinner, 4 am breakfast with grab and go station, Havea hubber in the foyer with spares etc. Hopefully next year will be in on saturday as well. Give little well done trophies out etc. A few hubbers have had the dinner and stayed over

Edited by leet22

I'm amp'ed for No. 2. Only decided to do my first one this year on 24 January after a very brave dare (If I can get an entry, I'll doit!). Little did I know the guy making the dare had had a cancellation that morning! Didn't even have a bike. Ground it out for 6 weeks and managed a 4.20 including a stop for a puncture (of course). This year, and 3 bike upgrades later, I have trained right through winter (brrrr) and aiming for a 3.45 at least.

Depends on your budget. We are very argus freindly at the hotel where I work. A little welcome pack,Do a pre argus dinner, 4 am breakfast with grab and go station, Havea hubber in the foyer with spares etc. Hopefully next year will be in on saturday as well. Give little well done trophies out etc. A few hubbers have had the dinner and stayed over

Leet22 !!! How are you ?? Was thinking off you the other day ! How is the riding going ?

Your hotel is AWESOME to say at, especially the massages after the race !!! The Mrs really enjoys staying there.

Special pricing for next year ?

Leet22 !!! How are you ?? Was thinking off you the other day ! How is the riding going ?

Your hotel is AWESOME to say at, especially the massages after the race !!! The Mrs really enjoys staying there.

Special pricing for next year ?

im Good and you Slowbee. Riding not so good was down for a long time with a back problem. trying to get back on the bike but hard to get the motivation :thumbdown: Will be some specials . new GM also cycles and goes even more out.

We had mini banana breads, museli trifles,boiled potaotes etc this year on grab and go station. next year will be even better

We have a spare room at home and was thinking that this year maybe should offer it out to hubber from up country for the Argus, would be nice to meet a hubber and help out. Would have to run it by the Mrs and the hubber in terms of logistics.

im Good and you Slowbee. Riding not so good was down for a long time with a back problem. trying to get back on the bike but hard to get the motivation :thumbdown: Will be some specials . new GM also cycles and goes even more out.

We had mini banana breads, museli trifles,boiled potaotes etc this year on grab and go station. next year will be even better

how is work going ? are you still the boss ? :)

And where do you work?????

Entries open on Sunday 01 Sept 2013.

R360.00 an entry.

Will be no 12 in a row for me. If I remember correctly, first entry was in the region of R150.00

I have to do 3 Entries...Ouch! Me and my Boys.

U R kidding right- R360 :eek:

Me thinks I'd rather cycle to stellies and have a Great American brekkies at Muggs and still have R260 left in my pocket :clap:

R260 worth of free beer and food :) :)

You need to receive an email inviting you to enter, I think that you need to have done 10 or more to get a "VIP" entry. For the rest you must wait until 1 Sept

Have done 1, can't remember getting an email like that