Argus 2014

vaalkol

Seeing that you must be at the starting chutes at 9h50 for the second lap at the latest, say you start at about 6h30 it would give you about 3h20 to finish the race and get your ass down to the city centre for the 2nd lap.

Gonna be tight, I think a number of people invited might just miss that cut-off for the second starting time

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You should read your emails more carefully...

• Only the first lap’s result will apply towards Cycle Tour history and future seeding

But the line before I assume is more important as it's higher on the priority list! Sort of contradictory.

Riders will get two results

Only the first lap’s result will apply towards Cycle Tour history and future seeding

Edited by Icycling

Isn't Cape Town a day behind the rest of the country?

Only in winter. And, unless my maths is wrong, that would make it your 10th.

Edited by Blackbeard

I need some assistance!

We had a sound plan for a group of us to come down to the Argus this year, things have dramatically changed and fallen apart :thumbdown:

I have decided to do the trip myself, at the moment i have not yet confirmed accommodation and was wondering if any of the locals can advice me.

I have family to stay with in either Durbanville or Kenilworth, how can i get to the start (Start 6.38) as i am led to believe it is chaos in the morning with the road closures - any options of a kinda 'park and ride' facility - maybe a group of guys arranging transport?

Other option i find a hotel within +-10km radius of start and try get in there for the Saturday night

Just get there early enough (by car) There is ample parking available in the area / vicinity of the Start.

Or just go and find parking close the Finish at the Stadium and cycle the few KM to the Start.

I need some assistance!

We had a sound plan for a group of us to come down to the Argus this year, things have dramatically changed and fallen apart :thumbdown:

I have decided to do the trip myself, at the moment i have not yet confirmed accommodation and was wondering if any of the locals can advice me.

I have family to stay with in either Durbanville or Kenilworth, how can i get to the start (Start 6.38) as i am led to believe it is chaos in the morning with the road closures - any options of a kinda 'park and ride' facility - maybe a group of guys arranging transport?

Other option i find a hotel within +-10km radius of start and try get in there for the Saturday night

If you are staying in Kenilworth, its not a bad ride thru to the start in the morning. Its about 10kms or so and nice warm up. Only thing to worry about is you won't be riding with lights and there is obviously the puncturing issue.

I need some assistance!

Not chaos at all!

Loads of parking and traffic is generally a breeze.

Thanks for the opportunity ^_^ However I'm arriving on the 4th and first ride for me will be on the morning of the 5th.

Hey there. If you want to get in touch closer to raceday I should be in Cape Town about that time and don't have work commitments so happy to join you for a ride (can't show you around cause I don't know the city but we can get lost together).

Also, I think there is a bunch of guys from Bryne Sykleklub (out Stavanger way) who's making the trip

+1 for the lights on your way to the race. It'll be dark for the early guys. (I'm a bit of a light crusader)

Not sure if this has been answered yet? What is the last start group that will be targeting a sub 3?

Not sure if this has been answered yet? What is the last start group that will be targeting a sub 3?

Here's some quick Stats from last year, bearing in mind that the weather was quite Hot, hence the slower Wining times.

31 653 completed the Tour, with only 480 riders securing Sub 3's. And the lowest group in that 480 was "B"

Of the 480, there were ONLY 2 lucky souls from lower seeded groups that made it.

2:59 - "G"

2:59 - "L"

So if you thinking that your Seeded Group will carry you closer to that Ultimate SUB 3 barrier, then have a look at this!!

Group wining times from last year.

3:01 - C

3:00 - D

3:01 - E

3:02 - F

2:59 - G

3:04 - H

3:05 - J

3:05 - K

2:59 - L

3:07 - M

3:12 - Q

Edited by DMC007

I need some assistance!

Not chaos at all. I drive in from Rondebosch and just jump onto the freeway and go as you would normally to the stadium.

Stay at Kenilworth and either:

- Ride in

- Jump on the train

- Buy a ticket for parking @ the stadium and breeze in like JZ to the opening of Parliament.