Argus 2014

vaalkol

took me four years to finally beat 3:30 - out of Q, finished in 3:28. Respect to a friend of mine, Joerg the German, who is 53 years and did a sub 3 in his second Argus after a 4:10 last year.

Well done Joerg!!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

cannot agree more !! what a pleasure.

on the other hand, there should be no need to a chuck pen, just put the things back in your pocket !!!

I started in U and can't remember seeing any litter on the road. Well done all.

From what I heard he wasn't badly hurt. I did not ride , I was working on Argus.

From one argus rider, thanks for giving up your Sunday (and an argus ride) Cippo, it is people like you, that allow people like me, to have a great days riding.

Park rangers where out patrolling with paint ball guns...saw them shepherding a big male away from the road at Smitswinkel

Are you serious - they go after baboons with paintball guns ?

I heard a story once of a guy who pepper-sprayed one - it went ape-5hit (no pun intended) - certainly wouldn't want to confront a huge male baboon with a mass of pink dye on its chest :w00t:

Edited by 3wings

Caught another 5/6 riders in Sea Point and we were the last group in under 3 hours with seconds to spare.

Good memories :thumbup:

I narrowly missed a sub3 by only 83mins, 6cups of coke and 3 pees.... ever so close :ph34r:

Nice riding Skoobs :excl:

Great Argus 2014 despite starting hazzles! It was nice starting the Argus without knowing who the winner was! First for me!!!!

By that do you mean on a mtb?

some ex mtb'ers turned roadies have beards and hairy legs....... :whistling:

High grip tyres dont mean much at 60 kph coming past the hospital due to concertina effect from wind slowing the front of the bunch. Good volume woooohhh shouts in the pack was GREAT. Lesson learnt for me in pack riding.

Yoh, surprised i stayed upright with rear sliding out under me. Love the smell of burning rubber in the morning.

Only a couple of chops tossing Gu packets in Sun valley (?) area.

Had to do overtaking on left cos people hanging way too far right. Not gonna lose sleep over it either. Sub 320 next year.

Just watched the Elites race.

What a bunch sprint.

What a finish and big dream win by the Hoff'!!

And stunning display of superiority by Cherise.

Also her first win.

Just watched the Elites race.

What a bunch sprint.

What a finish and big dream win by the Hoff'!!

And stunning display of superiority by Cherise.

Also her first win.

Did Cherise not win in 2008?

No, there was some controversy in the ladies sprint last year though when she placed second.

Some felt the winner should have gracefully "allowed" Cherise to win, considering Burry's passing a few month's earlier.

According to racetec, she did: http://results.racet...09km)&GG=Female (Taylor is her maiden name)

No, there was some controversy in the ladies sprint last year though when she placed second.

Some felt the winner should have gracefully "allowed" Cherise to win, considering Burry's passing a few month's earlier.

Huh. Last year = 2013. Question was about 2008.

Edited by GaryvdM