Argus 2014

vaalkol

BR 2:59:59 485/31046 M 455/24262 $ 142/158 M Elite 93/2168 36.34

Congrats to that man for the last of the sub 3 makers. Only 485 this year? Faceted shows group C as the last sub3 group????

485 would certainly reflect conditions

Not really, this is 3 more Sub 3's than last year.

Were the condtions easier or worse than last year? going by Sub 3's, this year was a bit easier.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Shame - Bernie Stopforth missed it by 0.0000000000000001 seconds.

Seems like somebody in F also made the sub-3h:

J Viles 2:59:27 462/31046 M 432/24262 F 1/515 M 30-34 57/2477 36.44

This was serious good riding.......

Who was the beast of a hubber in B in hubkit on a mtb?

His Hub name is Jumper and he is from Ceres.

Shame - Bernie Stopforth missed it by 0.0000000000000001 seconds.

Seems like somebody in F also made the sub-3h:

J Viles 2:59:27 462/31046 M 432/24262 F 1/515 M 30-34 57/2477 36.44

Correct. My apologies. F seems to be the last sub3. Only one from there made it. Second one in group F results below.

SN 3:00:53 517/31046 M 485/24262 F 2/515 M U23 73/791 36.16

Not really, this is 3 more Sub 3's than last year.

Were the condtions easier or worse than last year? going by Sub 3's, this year was a bit easier.

Thanks for that. Didn't ride last year but to my mind the average in decent conditions would be around 1% of finishers (900 riders or so) usually do a sub 3. I stand corrected.

BR 2:59:59 485/31046 M 455/24262 $ 142/158 M Elite 93/2168 36.34

Congrats to that man for the last of the sub 3 makers. Only 485 this year? Faceted shows group C as the last sub3 group????

485 would certainly reflect conditions

4 seconds and 4 positions behind me

We were a group of about 5/6 gunning together for a sub-3 from Camps Bay, one oke in the group was really vocal in encouraging us to for that last effort! Caught another 5/6 riders in Sea Point and we were the last group in under 3 hours with seconds to spare.

Good memories :thumbup:

Well done to all the finishers ... but you have to laugh at my mate Doug - 3:52 ... On a BMX!!

MACHINE!

how is that even possible? unbelievable.

4 seconds and 4 positions behind me

We were a group of about 5/6 gunning together for a sub-3 from Camps Bay, one oke in the group was really vocal in encouraging us to for that last effort! Caught another 5/6 riders in Sea Point and we were the last group in under 3 hours with seconds to spare.

Good memories :thumbup:

Nicely done. Congrats

First-timer from Norway (and got some advice on these forums a couple of weeks back) and had a great experience! What an amazing event! :-)

Rode in A group and placed 2nd in it with 2:50. Woman winner Cherise Stander on my wheel as we crossed the finish-line narrowly avoiding the two guys next to me who went down just before the line. Unfortunately i was bunched in by the fence in the sprint.

I filmed the last hour, including Chapman's, Suikerboisse and the final sprint, which I'll get up on my blog martinhoff.com when I get back to Norway. Got a few pictures out last night - including my selfie with Stephen Roche after the race!

Question: The guys on motorbicycles filming - where can some of the footage be seen? Is it on the internet somewhere, or is it a local tv-channel?

Well done! Yeah, I was working and catching the race on TV at the time. Were you in red/black? They made mention of a Norwegian rider in the bunch with Cherise. It was on Supersport 8. Maybe there's a youtube channel or some repeated highlights.

how is that even possible? unbelievable.

I passed two guys at the bottom of Smitswinkel, they had very long seat posts. The were going balls to wall into that wind.

I had a fantastic Argus. I started in D but had already planned on a social ride. I lost count of how many times I stopped. I was the first cyclist to stop at a lot of the early water stops and the ladies were so pleased as they had been there from silly o'clock getting ready.

I spoke to loads of people, took lot's of photo's and selfies, and high fived everyone that I could on the way past.

For me, it was something that I will actually remember as opposed to just starting and finishing. Well done to everyone who achieved their goals though.

I saw you having that pic taken with that big argus thing!

That was right before I stopped to have a pee. I had given up on riding in L group with the monster crashes we were having.

I have done the whole stop everywhere thing before and I must say that it is really awesome to do it.

Question: The guys on motorbicycles filming - where can some of the footage be seen? Is it on the internet somewhere, or is it a local tv-channel?

It was probably SuperSport filming. Here is the schedule for the highlights: http://www.dstv.com/Search/?searchterm=argus&section=all. Unfortunately there does not seam to be a broadcast of the full show.

I see on your blog you said you are still here for a few days. Hopefully you will be able to catch this.

Luckily that guy did not fall all the way down the side of moutain. He was brought back up with not too much effort.

Cippo, was he ok ? Heard loads of moaning and stuff.

Did you stop ?

BTW, this year was the first time that I saw Suikerbossie not utterly littered with paper like previous races. Thank you frontrunners for not spoiling it for us. It is not nice cycling through a rubbish dump, and doing it slowly.

cannot agree more !! what a pleasure.

on the other hand, there should be no need to a chuck pen, just put the things back in your pocket !!!

Cippo, was he ok ? Heard loads of moaning and stuff.

Did you stop ?

From what I heard he wasn't badly hurt. I did not ride , I was working on Argus.