Argus 2014

vaalkol

Missed the race due to being overseas for business, and do not really have the time to go through 40 missed pages.

Question: Did the new seeding bunches work? I see a friend did a Sub3 from E, so I imagine it was better from a level playing field point? The gaps between groups?

Not everyone will be happy with the seeding. I personally feel that the guys who race regularly got the seeding they deserve. I did.

The guys that want to race once or twice a year, not so much.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Missed the race due to being overseas for business, and do not really have the time to go through 40 missed pages.

Question: Did the new seeding bunches work? I see a friend did a Sub3 from E, so I imagine it was better from a level playing field point? The gaps between groups?

I rode from A, of which there were 45 "A riders" , 29 elite ladies "%", 80 "VA", 64 "VB" and 27 "VM".

The majority of these riders seemed to finish with the each other around 3 hours.

I know the B group never caught this bunch, although B was caught by C by hospital bend. The 1 minute left too much of a carrot for the chasing C bunch.

Other than that I think it worked really well. There were more Sub3's this year and the conditions were tougher in my opinion.

I think the organizers are on the right track with regard to seeding, and start group sizes.

There was some confusion in the morning within our group, the one poor marshal wanted the A's in front the elite woman then VA, VB and VM. She gave up after about 4 attempts fell on deaf ears..

I think the organizers are on the right track with regard to seeding, and start group sizes.

Good to hear, was what we thought, but had to be proven in a big race. Nice one!

I rode from A, of which there were 45 "A riders" , 29 elite ladies "%", 80 "VA", 64 "VB" and 27 "VM".

The majority of these riders seemed to finish with the each other around 3 hours.

I know the B group never caught this bunch, although B was caught by C by hospital bend. The 1 minute left too much of a carrot for the chasing C bunch.

Other than that I think it worked really well. There were more Sub3's this year and the conditions were tougher in my opinion.

There was some confusion in the morning within our group, the one poor marshal wanted the A's in front the elite woman then VA, VB and VM. She gave up after about 4 attempts fell on deaf ears..

The problem with only a one minute gap between B and C is that it would have taken close on a minute for the 300 plus B group riders to cross the start line and the C group leaders probably only had to close a 15 second gap at the start to catch the back of the B peloton.

The problem with only a one minute gap between B and C is that it would have taken close on a minute for the 300 plus B group riders to cross the start line and the C group leaders probably only had to close a 15 second gap at the start to catch the back of the B peloton.

Agree, the massive B&C group through was extremely dangerous imo. That one minute gap needs a rethink.

Guest Frail4Life

Please show Us your friends Time.

No One from "E" made the Cut.

I was in D and we caught the slower part of C just outside of Simonstown.

I was in B last year and from my perspective the smaller bunches were much, much better and a lot less scary.

The concertina effect from last year was a lot less pronounced and the group was a lot more manageable. There were a lot less crashes and overall more riders "belonged" in the group.

Would also like to see the E rider with a sub 3 as only 5 or so from D managed to go sub 3.

I think everyone can agree the new seeding works for the guys upfront, just need to extend that gap to maybe 2 minutes.

If the first 5 groups get 3 min it will only add 10 min to the overall time. Those are the groups that are likely to chase down gaps.

Please show Us your friends Time.

No One from "E" made the Cut.

I smell something...

I was in D and we caught the slower part of C just outside of Simonstown.

I was in B last year and from my perspective the smaller bunches were much, much better and a lot less scary.

The concertina effect from last year was a lot less pronounced and the group was a lot more manageable. There were a lot less crashes and overall more riders "belonged" in the group.

Would also like to see the E rider with a sub 3 as only 5 or so from D managed to go sub 3.

This

Agree, the massive B&C group through was extremely dangerous imo. That one minute gap needs a rethink.

There was almost a touch-of-wheels per minute with that merger.

I pulled off in C, and i can honestly say it was a bit of a frustrating race wit us catching the B guys fairly soon after starting and not too long after that started reeling in the extended VA bunches.

At the end of all these merges, we were such a big group with a whole lot of crashes and stops (of course the wind played a major factor here)... yes, literally stop, and wait for guys to get a move on again.

With the first couple of hills, we managed to break up the group a bit and at least started to form a nice bunch after a while.

I pulled off in C, and i can honestly say it was a bit of a frustrating race wit us catching the B guys fairly soon after starting and not too long after that started reeling in the extended VA bunches.

At the end of all these merges, we were such a big group with a whole lot of crashes and stops (of course the wind played a major factor here)... yes, literally stop, and wait for guys to get a move on again.

With the first couple of hills, we managed to break up the group a bit and at least started to form a nice bunch after a while.

I hear you. I was also in B and I can honestly say that I have never seen as many crashes as I did in this race. At one point around 30 riders appeared to go down on the Blue Route.