Argus 2014

vaalkol

Agree on the dangerous riding in bunches.

Also managed to stay out of trouble but probably more due to luck than design, and had a good ride despite the wind.

Did a second lap, a lot of atrocious handling skills around but felt a lot safer, at least most of the crashes happen in slow motion at the back of the field!

from your perspective ...... :clap:

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My first one and loved it ... missed my target of sub 4 by 4 minutes. Only 172 days before entries open for 2015.

Had a weird whirlwind that slapped me a bit after suikerbossie, with dust, palm leaves and small branches flying around me.

I also started in U, how was that section between muizenberg & Fish Hoek? with the continual braking and the bunch riding on the right, I got tired of "excuse me, passing right" and then trying to pass people i just cycled in the (open) left hand lane and easily passed the slower bunches.

My experience exactly starting in U! Was compelled to pass on the left after fishhoek. Much more space. There was no room on the right. And why did we catch so many groupings on those little inclines going fo Simons town! Lost some time there I believe. I need rhythm more than an erratic windscreen is a recent lesson that I learnt. I feel much safer. Better riders come along quickly to rejoin or I pace the next hill to drop the erratic ones.

My first one and loved it ... missed my target of sub 4 by 4 minutes. Only 172 days before entries open for 2015.

Had a weird whirlwind that slapped me a bit after suikerbossie, with dust, palm leaves and small branches flying around me.

Respect for making the trip and the good time! Similar experience after suikerbossie! And why did so many riders have flats after summitting suikerbossie?

Also keen on shaving 13 min off time for a sub 3h30 next year. Means doing more races before then.

A little screen grab from action photo, they may get some money from me this year!

Ha ha, you were all heads down and didn't see the photographer in the middle of the road. When you woke up the only way to avoid running him over was to do a stoppie! Come on, try to deny that! You'll need a Barry Roux to get you off! :D ;)

Does anyone know if it's possible to still purchase some of the argus Pick and pAy clothing that was at the expo?

I finally got around to uploading my gopro footage from the last hour of the race. I was in the front group for the 6:24 start (V's, A and elite ladies) including the sprint finish.

See my blog post (in English!) with the video here: martinhoff.com

All the best from Norway :)

Well done, enjoyed the vids and blog in English!

A little screen grab from action photo, they may get some money from me this year!

lucky you, I was down to quick, wheel was on the ground when they took the shot.... :blush:

Missed the race due to being overseas for business, and do not really have the time to go through 40 missed pages.

Question: Did the new seeding bunches work? I see a friend did a Sub3 from E, so I imagine it was better from a level playing field point? The gaps between groups?