Argus 2014

vaalkol

I just looked up and saw the collision between you two, I could not understand why he was so far from the pace line like of the rest of us. As I said the force between you was rather hectic!

I hope your GF, heals up well and is not put off too much by the incident!

My apologies for the late reply....been a bit offline last week or so. I can relate to janneman getting a fright. My wife and myself were also on a tandem. Although we were caught a lot earlier on the Blue Route. I moved as fast as I could out of the racing line but very soon we were enveloped by the woman/VA/VB and A bunch. My GoPro was running at the time and you can see that it was a very nerve racking 2min 30s odd that it took for the whole bunch to overtake us.
Needless to say a huge thank you for the tow we got to Smits once we settled in at the back of the pack!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi ~~ I was in group U and I did 3:40... next year what group will I be in..? Anyone let me know..? Hahaha

Hi ~~ I was in group U and I did 3:40... next year what group will I be in..? Anyone let me know..? Hahaha

By using the seeding formula and a little thumb sucking around J-K. May be lower due to the fact that it will 12 months old

my guess is around L

Did a 3:38 in 2013 and was seeded in R this year. The funrides that I did in January and February helped get me into that group. I cant see you getting much better than U next year with only this years Argus result on record especially with the seeding penalty for results older than 6 months.

Edited by Btus

Take the 2013 results, look up who was in U, find someone who rode close to 3h40 and didn't do other races between then and this year's Argus. Their starting group in 2014 should give you a very good idea.

Ive been looking at seedings etc, and plan on doing the PPA one tonner, Die burger and maybe one or two long rides. Ive noticed that the times of races in the Stellenbosch area are a bit slower than the Argus winning times and other races around the peninsula.

Maybe im observing incorrectly, but are the races in stellenbosch more demanding than the ones around the peninsula area?

I started group Z last year, did a 3h34. But with doing lots of other races between then and this race, and getting faster got an E seeding.....

So, dont be lazy, keep racing!

Ive been looking at seedings etc, and plan on doing the PPA one tonner, Die burger and maybe one or two long rides. Ive noticed that the times of races in the Stellenbosch area are a bit slower than the Argus winning times and other races around the peninsula.

Maybe im observing incorrectly, but are the races in stellenbosch more demanding than the ones around the peninsula area?

Look at the average speeds and not the time, the penisula rides are much shorter as there is just less road to ride on.

I know my 99er was about 4km/h faster than my Argus time.

There's an email invite doing the rounds for people to provide feedback on the goodie bag. Here's your chance if you feeling like moaning. Hehehehe

Monica Childs Marketing is committed to continuously improving the standard of the Sample Bag and your feedback on products sampled in your bag is very important to us and to our participating companies.

Please visit our website http://www.goodiebag.co.za, click on ‘WIN’ at the top or left hand side of the page and complete our quick product survey.

There's an email invite doing the rounds for people to provide feedback on the goodie bag. Here's your chance if you feeling like moaning. Hehehehe

Monica Childs Marketing is committed to continuously improving the standard of the Sample Bag and your feedback on products sampled in your bag is very important to us and to our participating companies.

Please visit our website http://www.goodiebag.co.za, click on ‘WIN’ at the top or left hand side of the page and complete our quick product survey.

With all the Nkandla, child rape, platinum sector (plus other) strikes and toilet shootings going on, the phrase "first world problems" seems a good fit.

I started group Z last year, did a 3h34. But with doing lots of other races between then and this race, and getting faster got an E seeding.....

So, dont be lazy, keep racing!

Oh I see~ thank u for the answer !!

Can I ask what race did u do? I think I can only do die burger.. :(

My apologies for the late reply....been a bit offline last week or so. I can relate to janneman getting a fright. My wife and myself were also on a tandem. Although we were caught a lot earlier on the Blue Route. I moved as fast as I could out of the racing line but very soon we were enveloped by the woman/VA/VB and A bunch. My GoPro was running at the time and you can see that it was a very nerve racking 2min 30s odd that it took for the whole bunch to overtake us. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpELhqnZEQA Needless to say a huge thank you for the tow we got to Smits once we settled in at the back of the pack!

I saw me :)