94.7 Cycle Challenge 2013

StevieL

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If it is gun to mat, please consider changing it to mat to mat, to take away the incentive to push in to the front at the start.

Technology is not needed here,

just some common decency and manners

How did your race go? Started off with the idea of catching and passing you but gave that up after the first 100m.

Lol - mine was ok. Ian, Gareth and Justin were gracious enough to ride with me and encourage me along the route. I struggled with some knee pain from Jan Smuts onwards so that resulted in a not so pleasant and slightly slower ride. That and of course the not enough training factor :$

Did a 3:17 according to my Garmin, 3:18 as per racetec as it took a minute to ride over the matt. Not my best but not my worst either. But there's always next year :)

My only complaint.

I did not meet a single hubber, except for my old friend NSBB of course.

Also thought I would meet a hubber or two but was in the start batch a tad late and did not meet any on the road.

Yoh, that is legend :eek:

All the Apocalypse Cows help with ice cream bikes on their second lap. They are all legendary ;-)

Must admit there were some legendary ladies on the N14... Can't recall the brand whose "spot" it was, but 4 of the lithe young ladies all ran to the back of the ice cream bike he was pulling and ran pushing it for a little bit. Good on them!

Still no results for me on Racetec. The website is also giving errors if you try and use the query option. I've emailed them now with my Garmin file attached. Not that it's going to take the minute or so off I need to break the 3 hours. I measured 3:01....

I also send them a mail. According to my Garmin I did a 2.59:06 but according to them I did a 3:00:05.

That's worth fighting for.

My only complaint.

I did not meet a single hubber, except for my old friend NSBB of course.

i was even wearing my hub kit and you didnt see me...met 2 on the road..Prince and Gary VDM

If it's gun to mat, then how come in previous years when I have fallen back from the vets to ride with mates have my times been correct ?

i was even wearing my hub kit and you didnt see me...met 2 on the road..Prince and Gary VDM

Didn't see you buddy, we were right at the back of our group at the start.

Here is Carpie on the right and me on the left, we were bot in USN kit yesterday.

Photographer : The very talented Erik Vermeulen, from the twitter ride.

1476014_595755580461103_1796439845_n.jpg

Nope, I happen to know that the over 30k ENTRIES is genuine. the 5000 or so MTB entries is over and above that.

A huge number of people enter but don't start... If you don't believe me ask anyone who wne to registration on Saturday afternoon - thousands of unclaimed envelopes...

Also, lots of riders don't wear chips.

its quite an expensive decision not to ride for 10000 people, especially on a day like yesterday which was almost perfect. Its not KZN where the guys seem to stay home on bad weather days because they have such quality riding all the time.

I suppose the chip thing might account for some, but then others may sneak a 'rock up and ride' and add to the numbers too...

I had an absolutely awesome day. Missed the cow batch start, but started with another herd and the makro ice cream bike, gave them a push up the hill but was aiming for a good time for my better half.

We were the crazy cows mooing and making a noise the whole way :)

Thanks to the organisers and all involved on a well run and organised event. Looking forward to see what venue is chosen for next year. Hopefully the route will not be changed too much as it can be used as a yard stick for a lot of people for their improvements.

Well done to all finishers

Anyone have any news on the condition of the two people that were on the floor just after the tequila stand? Looked quite bad

If it's gun to mat, then how come in previous years when I have fallen back from the vets to ride with mates have my times been correct ?

It uses the gun of the group you actually start in. So they take your start mat time, work out what group you started in, and take the group start time as your start time.

Edited by garyvdm

The most difficult climb for me was the first one going into joburg

+1

I hate that climb with a passion. It's short and looks like nothing, but it makes me suffer every year.

They pick up your start group where you actually started in somehow...