94.7 Cycle Challenge 2013

StevieL

Why are you not riding?

Work getting in the way of the important stuff. Hope to be living much closer to the start line next year.

Hope you all had a great ride! :drool:

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Flippin DI2! Third race in a year with mechanicals. Coming down Jan Smuts I hit a small pothole. Zero, zilch, none function in rear der. Stopped 3 times to try to get another gear manually - impossible. Had only the 11 at the back for 2h. I was the one standing and grinding up every little incline. Nearly did not get up the turn off the N14. Told myself to HTFU since I always wanted to do this S/S (maybe with friendlier ratios). Didnt hit my target even closely. Another 2:45. Maybe Wyatt has a ralaxed Roubaix type frame with hydrolic disc brakes and hydrolic gears that is looking for a new home - I am done with electronics.

Saw an unortunate wipe. Fortunately not serious. Spectators were cheering a couple dressed as bride n groom (saw quite a few by the way) and chanting for him to kiss her. He kissed his hand and put it to her mouth and they both veered into the pavement flying over their handlebars. Some bike repairs and they were off.

Close to the randburg rank heard a tosser shout racial slurs to the supporters. Shame on you ! You old bastard! Idiots like you should be banned!

You are allowed to switch an a-hole like that!

Great race, great conditions (in the morning). Just the littering f@@@@@@@ discarding wrapers into my face at 66km/h.

The amount of litter also surprised me. I went too hard from JHB city to halfway ... and it was a slog from there. Ice cold coke was nice at the finish!!

Flippin DI2! Third race in a year with mechanicals. Coming down Jan Smuts I hit a small pothole. Zero, zilch, none function in rear der. Stopped 3 times to try to get another gear manually - impossible. Had only the 11 at the back for 2h. I was the one standing and grinding up every little incline. Nearly did not get up the turn off the N14. Told myself to HTFU since I always wanted to do this S/S (maybe with friendlier ratios). Didnt hit my target even closely. Another 2:45. Maybe Wyatt has a ralaxed Roubaix type frame with hydrolic disc brakes and hydrolic gears that is looking for a new home - I am done with electronics.

Sorry C .My cheap Tiagra het flawless gewerk .eeste 94.7 met padfiets 2h54 .SS is toe nie so moeilik nie .Nogsteeds baie goeie tyd

+1 on the coke at the finish.

Littering was pretty bad. Don't understand...you took the bar out of your pocket, why can't you put the wrapper back?

Also shaking my head at one guy who got upset with a volunteer after he failed to grab a water. They're volunteering FFS, give them a break.

Saw an unortunate wipe. Fortunately not serious. Spectators were cheering a couple dressed as bride n groom (saw quite a few by the way) and chanting for him to kiss her. He kissed his hand and put it to her mouth and they both veered into the pavement flying over their handlebars. Some bike repairs and they were off.

If you rode as potential bride and groom today .Waterfall estate will pay your honeymoon next year

Great race, great conditions (in the morning). Just the littering f@@@@@@@ discarding wrapers into my face at 66km/h.

Have to agree.

Also saw a bit of that and can't understand it.

Maybe the characters in question think they riding the Tour de France.

Great organisation and great day all round.

The logistics to get 30000 odd cyclists around a major city must be eye-watering.

Well done to all involved. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Rob

Sorry C .My cheap Tiagra het flawless gewerk .eeste 94.7 met padfiets 2h54 .SS is toe nie so moeilik nie .Nogsteeds baie goeie tyd

Well done Blitzer. Welcome to cycling with skinny tyres!!

JHB fun Champs finished safely.

New PB !!!

Well done to the boys in C bunch and HUGE respect to the guy with just 1 leg !!

Hey cyclewizz, was also in C... New PB for me too, not many guys contributed to the workload, but it was a nice race!