94.7 Cycle Challenge 2013

StevieL

...blah blah

Don't ride if you're going to be a tight arse. Go train at the cradle while we get the roads all to ourselves.

Sheez dude, where's the 'dislike this' button?

Edited by Fester

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bliksem....1st race...seeded in PP with a 9:33 start.

Have racetec chip and all but haven't used it since 2011.

Oh well its going to be a firkin long day in the saddle then.

Any other hubbers in same boat as me?

MM 09:21 :-)

I don't know the area well although I stay in Centurion. keeping in mind my starting time of 09:33, where would the best place to park be?

Yes my start time is 10:00 in group TT. I did my last 94.7 race in 2:37, but that was 5 years back.

I mailed the organizers a few weeks ago asking for a seeding equivalent of a 3h riding time but they did not even reply. So I guess I can start practicing "KEEP LEFT...KEEP LEFT"

I got it worse then you. signed up when there was only 22k entries knowing injury would keep me from doing other races that might allow me to get a seeding. But just got email saying i am #31848 in group UU with starting time or 10:03 :( and at this point thinking of just cancelling race cus I did not want to have to put get out there for what will be likely frustrating 3-4 hours in heat of day and stuck in back. grrr

How the heck can I only have 650 other numbers after me (basing of @32500 entries) ??? There has got to be many more people who are not seeded and don't know why if 13k other people signed up after me why I am so low in starting time.

If anyone has some advice please let me know. Thanks

Edited by ryanlynx99

I got it worse then you. signed up when there was only 22k entries knowing injury would keep me from doing other races that might allow me to get a seeding. But just got email saying i am #31848 in group UU with starting time or 10:03 :( and at this point thinking of just cancelling race cus I did not want to have to put get out there for what will be likely frustrating 3-4 hours in heat of day and stuck in back. grrr

How the heck can I only have 650 other numbers after me (basing of @32500 entries) ??? There has got to be many more people who are not seeded and don't know why if 13k other people signed up after me why I am so low in starting time.

If anyone has some advice please let me know. Thanks

You should have joined a charity, we (PETS) got a 8:22 start and you only had to raise 650 bucks, I personally raised 3K.

Yes my start time is 10:00 in group TT. I did my last 94.7 race in 2:37, but that was 5 years back.

I mailed the organizers a few weeks ago asking for a seeding equivalent of a 3h riding time but they did not even reply. So I guess I can start practicing "KEEP LEFT...KEEP LEFT"

That's why it start group TT - Time Trail to the end...

Hahahaha the worst seeding in my life!!! :blink: I only do MTB, but bought me a road bike and 94.7 will be my first race. . .please help. Is there no way I can improve my seeding?? I'm in VV :thumbdown: start last.

I wanted to do sub 3 hours. .is this possible from this start time??

I need to start doing more road races. Only doing 94.7 every year and the occational Argus has messed me up 2 years in a row now.

I don't know the area well although I stay in Centurion. keeping in mind my starting time of 09:33, where would the best place to park be?

Ride to the start from you house :whistling:

I got it worse then you. signed up when there was only 22k entries knowing injury would keep me from doing other races that might allow me to get a seeding. But just got email saying i am #31848 in group UU with starting time or 10:03 :( and at this point thinking of just cancelling

How about just going out there relaxed with no pressure, enjoy yourself and even if you take it easy next year you will have a better seeding than all those okes who have never done the race and hope to somehow get a good one by entering early.