Race for Victory 15/9/2013

Speed Racer

Apart from the good points TK mentioned, also a thumbs up for the marshals. From what I experienced they were outstanding.

Also battled in the wind and at the end could only managed 3:43. Was aiming for 3:30.

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a note to the organisers :-

1. After offering shirts to pre-entries and asking the size, you did not have the decency to have a Large for me...i now have an XXL that i have NO use for...and for my Mrs we were told by a lady shouting across the tent that she could not have one for the 54km...after asking for a size on the entry...DISGUSTING

2. General starting was well organised.

3. Water points were well stocked and had nice ice cold drinks....WELL DONE....

4. I found the finish well organised, with drinks being readily available and medals tables being visible...

5. For next year, please turn of the wind machine....it nearly killed me

They seeding for this event can definitely be improved on. Other than that it was well organised. I was glad they were dishing out bananas at one of the water points. As mentioned there were ample refreshments at the finish line. The funky looking medals were also a nice touch :thumbup:

Hey Surferchild, no problem at all. Glad I could help out! Besides I only did it because you were riding such an awesome bike????

That wind completely killed me today. Knocked my confidence a bit.

Aah bud, i'm so glad you're part of the hub family and actually saw the post. I really do owe you a beer or something (together with replacing the tube of course!)

Thanks for the compliment about the bike.

I waited for you after the race but didn't see you. You were an absolute life saver!

Further to TK's post, thanks also to the organisers for including an 150km option for the elite riders (not me I am afraid). If SA riders are to succeed in Europe they need to race longer and tougher races.

Was a interesting ride! Thank to all the CL riders for the ride! Was tough working up front! Wind killed. Happy with the 3:19. Next year faster!

Sure I rode with you for the entire race. I was in the Qhubeka kit. Bunch worked together well until we caught the stagglers at the end and there was a crash. Tough stretch to finish in the wind but enjoyed the race. :thumbup:

Rode a 50 min slower than last year, no mechanicals the wind was bad but it was also bad last year , only DIPS is too blame for really *** time :(

Marshals done gret jobs,

Normally I would be positive and say next year ill be back too prove a point, however wind tunnel training is not for me, I know LA PAID MILLIONS OF USA DOLLARS TO RIDE IN THE WIND PERSONALLY I DON'T GET IT PULL IN TO RACE4v PROBLEM SORTED CHEAP CHEAP

Sure I rode with you for the entire race. I was in the Qhubeka kit. Bunch worked together well until we caught the stagglers at the end and there was a crash. Tough stretch to finish in the wind but enjoyed the race. :thumbup:

Jip. I was in the white top and black bib with the white Scott. The guy in the crash was okay, scratch on the wrist and 3 broken spokes. Saw him at end.

Was good riding!

Rode a 50 min slower than last year, no mechanicals the wind was bad but it was also bad last year , only DIPS is too blame for really *** time :(

Marshals done gret jobs,

Normally I would be positive and say next year ill be back too prove a point, however wind tunnel training is not for me, I know LA PAID MILLIONS OF USA DOLLARS TO RIDE IN THE WIND PERSONALLY I DON'T GET IT PULL IN TO RACE4v PROBLEM SORTED CHEAP CHEAP

Dips - don't lose the bunch!

Jip. I was in the white top and black bib with the white Scott. The guy in the crash was okay, scratch on the wrist and 3 broken spokes. Saw him at end.

Was good riding!

Wonder where the 4 that finished ahead of us came from or which batch they started in?

Wonder where the 4 that finished ahead of us came from or which batch they started in?

I remember 3 breaking away after the 1st climb. Not the 4th. But hey, I know we worked hard for the result today.

It's funny but I asked if they could wait ??? But I think they were hard hearing, or maybe they spoke another language

Tough day out.

Rode in EL with my friend, was his first ride over 50km, not the best day for a 110km with all the wind, we cruising along in and out of various groups and it was great fun till the 60km

Poor friend had a serious case of cramps on both legs!

Manage to finish in just over 5 hours, big up to him for finishing and all involved in the race!

Thoroughly enjoyed it

It's funny but I asked if they could wait ??? But I think they were hard hearing, or maybe they spoke another language

Out with it, what was ur time? Wanna do a mountain man comparison to a shaven haven girly man..

My first race with the Vets, VB... and not exactly in race condition!

Holy *&^%!! In 2nd gear until the 47km and then all hell broke loose! Got spat out after the third surge and limped home with 2 other guys in that forsaken wind!! Did 3:07 surprisingly because it felt like we were going backwards in that wind!