Race for Victory 15/9/2013

Speed Racer

Haven't they thought about putting a layer of tar on this road if it's been like that for so long? 900m on dirt... eish

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

rule #5 mate! It's really not that bad if it doesn't rain. The organisers go to a lot of trouble in the days before to make it as safe and pleasant as possible.

Thought about it and have to conclude that I am simply to soft for dirt without dikbande. Am out.

Will do a long cradle ride instead ON TAR

Thought about it and have to conclude that I am simply to soft for dirt without dikbande. Am out.

Will do a long cradle ride instead ON TAR

I must say the piece is not that bad , have done the race four times and never had any issues. Have heard of guys with pices of stones getting stuck in their fork rubbing against tyre . But it is not that Bad.

Taring this section will not cost more than 1.5 million to those saying why they do not just tar the road quickly.

If it doesn't rain that dirt piece is insignificant. It is often used by roadies during training rides.

Don't let it stop you from doing the race.

I agree, the dirt is a non-issue in dry weather. Does anyone have an .gpx file from last year's route? Not the pre-2012 route that went through Suikerbosrand.

want to do this race so badly but,I am doing the van gaalens marathon on sat so I decided to skip it.

On my todo list for next yer though

Just got my number dropped from BL where I normally start to FL and an 08-00 start ?

Me too. I was A last year and now in G? :wacko: