What do you do with your medals?

gummibear

Firstly I judge most races on a good medal..look at the quality of a medal and you know he did actually put something back into the race.

we keep ours on display in the braai room.

I ride my times and average race or run speed on their back..this way you can look at old times and always strive to improve

• 2 years later...
  • Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Medalist Sport Cape Town

Hi everyone, we have Custom medal display hangers laser cut from high quality stainless steel. We have many designs for all sports and we can also do custom designs for your personal requirements. 

Contact us at medalistsportct@gmail.com or on 0798963987

post-89892-0-61145100-1455180737_thumb.jpg

post-89892-0-58128500-1455180749_thumb.jpg

post-89892-0-59692600-1455180754_thumb.jpg

I want to give mine away to an organization that could use them for some or other purpose, any ideas where/who would want them?

Curtain rod on an empty wall in my study. The really important ones are clustered together in the middle and the fun rider ones flank the sides.

I don't take at the finish line .

I'm with you. At most races I don't bother taking one.

The bigger events like Iron Man etc I will take one and then forget where it is 6 months later.

Best medals I have are some Sotho blankets and some wire beaded animals. I also kept a few of the medals I actually won by winning, not just competing, but even these I have no idea where they are!!

All my medals hang around my bike's wall brackets where they hang on in the spare room. So every time i take my bike off or put it back it sounds like wind charms...I like to see the fruits of my labour!

I take a medal as a memory, not as some form of self gratification to finishing the race, but as a memory of the race.

When guys turn 70 and chat to their grand kids about the different races they rode, would it not be awesome to whip out a box of medals relating to each one? I think it would be great.

Maybe if riding is your profession or life, then it may not be as important, but I like the memories and can definitely not remember all the races ive done.

Put a few of the more special ones aside to make tablecloth-weights - haven't gotten around actually making them, but gonna try do it before the next camping trip.

I have an old stem and handlebar combo that I have mounted on the wall in the pub, works for me. Unfortunately lots of medal gatherers in the family

post-37058-0-74624800-1455382297_thumb.jpeg

I want to give mine away to an organization that could use them for some or other purpose, any ideas where/who would want them?

CHOC accepts medals, they give it to the kids after successful completion of chemo or any significant milestone while having their cancer treated, there are offices in Cape Town & Jhb that will gladly accept them.

CHOC accepts medals, they give it to the kids after successful completion of chemo or any significant milestone while having their cancer treated, there are offices in Cape Town & Jhb that will gladly accept them.

Thanks , I will give them a shout. That would be an awesome use for the medals I reckon.

• 2 years later...

anybody know what i can do with some of my medals that i don't want anymore?

can i still give them to CHOC?

donate them anywhere else? 

anybody need them for something?

I

anybody know what i can do with some of my medals that i don't want anymore?

can i still give them to CHOC?

donate them anywhere else? 

anybody need them for something?

I gave mine to CHOC our in park town area, near the zoo. Contact them via their website to make contact.

They give them to the kids when they complete a radiation treatment or similar, it’s a worthy cause. Far better than hanging on a wall.

I kept only my IM medals, those have special memories, the rest not so much.

Archived