When do I name and shame

Vetseun

Ok so ek weet julle vrystaters het nie veel anders om te doen as om vir pakkies te wag nie maar dink jy nie dis biekie vroeg om te roer nie ?

ja nee, te vroeg. Wil net n opinie he oor hoe lank ek moet wag

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Vetseun.

Bottom line and this is how I see it.

Once the seller gets a confirmation of payment, he has no excuse to get to the post office as soon as possible (same day, or if busy a possible 2 day leeway ,but he needs to then communicate) and also supply the tracking number no less than half a day since the item left his hands.

EDIT

**Confirmation being that you see the money reflected in your account**

Edited by Wyatt Earp

Send him a follow up message now, or call to follow up.

Repeat tomorrow.

If Monday comes and still no confirmation of despatch and no contact from him, then Name and Shame.

Vetseun.

Bottom line and this is how I see it.

Once the seller gets a confirmation of payment, he has no excuse to get to the post office as soon as possible (same day, or if busy a possible 2 day leeway ,but he needs to then communicate) and also supply the tracking number no less than half a day since the item left his hands.

Sorry for you but once I get a confirmation of payment you still gonna wait until I am satisfied the money is in the bank !!

I bought an item from a fellow hubber. Hopefully not a one post wonder!

I paid for the item yesterday morning at 08h10 .

Since then, to be exact at 08h12 yesterday, the person has not been online again.

I paid from the same bank to the same bank, so his money showed at once.

I am a born and bred Free Stater, my handshhake is my contract.Too few people like this

I dont bullshite people, I expect the same in return.Unfortunately this is too much to ask of the general population

When I sell something on the Hub, it is packaged before my advertisment is placed. When I receive proof of payment I send the item, irrespective of whether the money shows in my account yet or not.I only package once the seller has paid ..... had too many instances where there are unreliable buyers, but the moment the money clears I let them know that this has and also advise when I will be posting the goods, package ASAP when I get home, photograph goods prior to and when packaged and send to buyer, post when agreed and send through proof of shipping via a photographs to the buyer again.

Now in your humble opinions, when do I strip my moer and get agro? I have paid for the item, now I want it. Easy as that! Give him a day or two max ... some people do not often have access to their email through the day....you should have gotten his cell no though.

Shot

Sorry for you but once I get a confirmation of payment you still gonna wait until I am satisfied the money is in the bank !!

I think that's what he meant, proof of payment and confirmation of payment are 2 different things

well, stuff happens - perhaps the seller is indisposed. Give it a day or two and then send the cavalry.

Often the seller is within his rights to wait for the paid amount to reflect fully in his account - may take some time. Some cheaters use stolen cheques etc to get a deposit slip, and secure delivery of the goods, then these cheques bounce a few days later after the bank verifies them.

you can also use the feedback option in the classified section to place a warning to others. just be reasonable though.

Edited by Li Mu Bai

Sellers need to know how important it is to communicate through the whole prosess, you are not doing anyone a favor selling your product, they are doing you a favor buying your product, so a prompt delivery response is a necessity. Good communication elliminates 100% of all possible issues. I expect a prompt delivery response and that's why I give it. If not possible immediately, then make a commitment as to when the parcel will be posted and stick to it. That's me.

Agreed, but let the person know this upfront. The best way to deal with any sale is complete disclosure of the procedure to be followed, there is no grey areas and everyone accepts the procedure up front and then hopefully keeps to their commitments.

Try to PM and mail again if you dont have his cellnr.

Give him till tomorrow 12:00.... then...hum,

what he said :

I say wait one more day till Moerday

Moerday is tomorrow

I'll bring da popcorn.

Edited by jmic

Try to PM and mail again if you dont have his cellnr.

Give him till tomorrow 12:00.... then...hum,

what he said :

I wouldn't do a deal without speaking to the person on the phone IMHO

Im sure he means when the money is cleared in his account.

POP means faarkall in my eyes unless I have the okes name and ID number because if he jippos that its fraud, then he will be a guest of the state and answer to pappie in the cells

The main thing is communication, where that is communicated i have no issues with it, I do the same (been burnt before by not waiting, although not via any hubbers).

As long as the seller communicates I dont mind waiting.