thehubsa classifieds epic failures

PaulTeague

not sure whats the problem, place a *** add you wont sell your item, your problem.

mention in CAPS that price is 'not negotiable', you wont make friends, not saying you have to drop your price but don't be stand-offish abut it.

copying and pasting the description from the website sucks, often that includes a line about optional extras which you clearly aren't selling, or size specif components, we can all google if we really need to see every detail about how the alloy tubes were hydroformed.

oh and please wash your bike before you take a picture of it when you want to sell it, a fresh pair of grips will go a long way.lastly, don't go on about no selling with the current wheels and I will swap the saddle etc. Place a picture of the item for sale, as is.....

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought Admin had sorted this all out? People should not be allowed to post an ad without ticking all the boxes, unless this is done the ad should not be put up.

You would think that the people posting these ads would have half a brain, especially if you are selling expensive items, how could they afford them if they are so stupid when it comes to a simple advert?

Exactly, like force the seller to complete a template. How many ads without basic stuff, like size.

Also, check your frame, Cannondale is probably spelt correctly on the frame, so if your ad states Canondale, I'm thinking cheap chinese knock-off.

Edited by Scale

oh my gawd, die skandaaal. It's like those idjuts who put their house on the market for 2 years without dropping they're price, going through every agent in the area.

What does it cost to place an advert? R0.00.

People can put what they want up, there's very little control over what goes into the classifieds(pros and cons to controlling it further). If they're desperate to sell, the price comes down. No one is forcing a gun to your head to buy it.

You must remember that the "fast" they are talking about is just a marketing ploy.

Some bikes are faster than others. I have a few bikes and the one is definitely a lot "faster". When I pedal the same then I go faster with that bike.

Is it?

I saw a fully assembled bike in Finish Line a while ago and it was going for 90K granted it was carbon wheels etc but still :eek:

Yes, they retail for $1950...it does not cost one R8/9k to bring a R20k bike into SA through the importers.

I paid R24k for a $2229 frame landed.

that complete bike had TOP spec components on!

It is scary what those wheel sets cost! The are more than the frame.

Edited by hayleyearth

What I’ve heard enough of:

• Stiffer
  • Responsive
  • Vertically more compliant
  • Reduced drag

And I still want to see how a bike climbs. Sometimes it sounds like you just have to sit, relax and the bike will get you to the top, no sweat!

:thumbdown:

Yes, they retail for $1950...it does not cost one R8/9k to bring a R20k bike into SA through the importers.

Yip you right hayley, the finish kit and wheels from Enve is what makes that bike so hot, and also so expensive

And pictures...!!! For eff's sake learn how to hit the 'More Reply Options' button and attach images. I want to see a photo of what you're selling immediately, I don't want to PM you my email address to have you send me pics when you have time. I can tell from a few pics in the add whether I'm interested in your item or not.

I've seen some ads with components like a "29er stem" and similar nonsense

.........but thats what I need for my road bike, right?

Yip you right hayley, the finish kit and wheels from Enve is what makes that bike so hot, and also so expensive

yup! for the DH set on Chris Kings... over 30k :eek:

This same topic rears its ugly head on a regular basis, yet still 3 years later(my time on the hub) and its still a cock -up - Sort it out Matt, please :thumbup: