Got hit by taxi

P.A.K.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The owner has got 11 10 taxi's. He'll better have insurance!

I WOULDNT HOLD MY BREATH I HOPE FOR YOUR SAKE I AM WRONG

As a commuter i understand your frustration with these idiots. Dont hold your breath on the insurance. Owner promised to get his insurer involved to pay my excess when I was rear ended by his taxi. A year later my insurer still hasnt recovered my excess.

Thanks for all the generosity and recovery wishes,guys. Really appreciate it. :thumbup:

When the accident happened I was way too shocked to think about assaulting the driver! :mellow:

I spoke to the taxi owner again and he said he'll see if he can claim from his insurance. So that would be great if he can make that happen.I paid my own doctor's bill but would just like him to assist with the bike.

The oom who lives in the house into whose wall the taxi crashed commented that "its a pitty the driver wasn't killed". That's a bit harsh. I'm just glad we could all walk away.

A friend suggested that I claim my cellphone's cracked screen, which wasn't due to the accident, from the taxi's insurance too. Funny how people's morals surface in such situations.

I don't think he meant it like that, People are just 'gat fol' of these drivers.

When people die in their taxi accidents they run away.

I don't think he meant it like that, People are just 'gat fol' of these drivers.

When people die in their taxi accidents they run away.

What I have noticed is that whenever there is a horrific accident involving a taxi, you will find 10-30 people dead, and most times the driver gets off with minor injuries.

Last night while riding the circuit in Durban, a Municipal bus skips the red light, cutting into the cycle lane (which is reserved for cyclist during peak hours), coming fairly close to me and another rider. I just saw fingers going up from the other guy. Retardation is not restricted to taxi drivers, it is unfortunately a feature of humans. Thats why natural selection should be left to happen and we can reduce the stupid in the population.

You really think that a taxi has got insurance???????

WHO would ever insure a taxi??? :eek:

But i digress...

I'm glad you could walk away from this one... most cyclists aren't that lucky!!

This could so easily have been another fatal 'statistic' for our roads. The sad thing is the driver will be behind the wheel again tomorrow and won't give a $hit about the next cyclist he sees!!!

What I have noticed is that whenever there is a horrific accident involving a taxi, you will find 10-30 people dead, and most times the driver gets off with minor injuries.

Last night while riding the circuit in Durban, a Municipal bus skips the red light, cutting into the cycle lane (which is reserved for cyclist during peak hours), coming fairly close to me and another rider. I just saw fingers going up from the other guy. Retardation is not restricted to taxi drivers, it is unfortunately a feature of humans. Thats why natural selection should be left to happen and we can reduce the stupid in the population.

A friend and I were cycling towards Malmesbury when a red golf with tinted windows, low profiles, shiney rims and a huge exhaust flew past us half in the yellow lane barely missing his handle bar. All four occupants turned around laughing.

A friend and I were cycling towards Malmesbury when a red golf with tinted windows, low profiles, shiney rims and a huge exhaust flew past us half in the yellow lane barely missing his handle bar. All four occupants turned around laughing.

This upsets me because I am a member of the car modding community as well (although mods are mild and tasteful). Sadly the majority of these idiots behave like knobs and paint everyone in a bad light. My car also has tinted windows and shiny wheels (because they are clean, they actually black), but I drive within the limits for the most part. If I see a cyclist in traffic while I am driving, I will attempt to ride behind them to act as a shield against idiots. And then idiots go and do the above...

Major derail. Sorry OP. We just have to think for ourselves and all the other idiots on the road. Thank goodness you have spiderman reflexes. Hopefully you heal up and repair soon. unfortunately I dont have any MTB spares,as I am a new cyclist and only road at the moment.

As a commuter i understand your frustration with these idiots. Dont hold your breath on the insurance. Owner promised to get his insurer involved to pay my excess when I was rear ended by his taxi. A year later my insurer still hasnt recovered my excess.
You need to put a fire under your insurances butts. Your insurance needs to get the excess or if the owner or his insurance. If you do not chase your insurance up, you will not get anything back. Took 18 months for me to get my excess back.

You need to put a fire under your insurances butts. Your insurance needs to get the excess or if the owner or his insurance. If you do not chase your insurance up, you will not get anything back. Took 18 months for me to get my excess back.