Tattoos

chris_w_65

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you have never tried Tegaderm before its pretty cool.

Get tattoo done and clean/wrap as per normal. Next morning wash tattoo and disinfect with alcohol swab.

Dont add any moisturizers or creams, just cleaned with alcohol and apply Tegaderm to it.

Leave for 5-7 days then remove with warm water.

Alcohol? On a fresh tattoo?

Not sure if I posted here before.

Some really awesome work you all have.

739c0c19768d58a3a68c0b0227895808.jpg

My latest addition. Photo was taken on the day so my paw is seriously swollen.

Healed perfectly in a week with no scabbing or issues. I only use Flash Heal for aftercare on all my work.

My newest one, done a couple weeks back and all healed up. Going back in June to finish up the back part - we ran out of time. For healing I just use coconut oil once a day, after the morning shower. Works well.

post-35769-0-33163000-1557988896_thumb.jpg

post-35769-0-25479100-1557988905_thumb.jpg

Hahaha, can't understand why though.

You should use sunflower oil.  :whistling:

My newest one, done a couple weeks back and all healed up. Going back in June to finish up the back part - we ran out of time. For healing I just use coconut oil once a day, after the morning shower. Works well.

Joh, stuff going on there...Sunflower, loin's exploding head which forms a black hole and the milky way with a full moon over the mountains somewhere in the US with pine trees...ADHD? :whistling:  :clap:

Edited by Ed-Zulu

Joh, stuff going on there...Sunflower, loin's exploding head which forms a black hole and the milky way with a full moon over the mountains somewhere in the US with pine trees...ADHD? :whistling:  :clap:

I'm digging the butthole at the center of the sunflower. 

Haha, ADHD very very much. There was about 3 or 4 things the artist had to convince me to not get in there as well. the biggest challenge with a tattoo for me is sitting still for them to get done.

I'm digging the butthole at the center of the sunflower. 

You have no idea how glad I am that it only looked like that when it was swollen. Would def have had it re done.

My most recent piece.

Done on the front of the left leg. 

attachicon.gifIMG_3112.JPG

Was it done the traditional Maori way ?   :ph34r:

Edited by coppi

Was it done the traditional Maori way ? :ph34r:

Short answer. No.

Long answer... it would be disrespectful of a Pakeha (non Māori) to have it done the traditional way and also disrespectful to call it Ta Moko. The respectful term to use is Kirituhi which means “skin art” and is a celebration of an art form.

My artist is Māori and the process is the same in that you have a consultation around what is important to you and then that is translated into meaningful drawings that are freehanded onto you.

I really enjoyed the process of this tattoo.