Tattoos

chris_w_65

I have a number of tats an cannot be seen in the corporate world. It’s for the best as they are frowned upon. Rightly or wrongly is another debate.

I have had some covered as life changes so it’s always a possibility. Facial an neck hands etc are def no gos.

That is something I've been telling my boys.They can get tattoos but a short sleeve shirt needs to cover them.

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That is something I've been telling my boys.They can get tattoos but a short sleeve shirt needs to cover them.

typical policeman  :whistling:  :ph34r:

I don't have tattoos, my boet has

My mom one day tells me she always thought I'd be the one to get a tattoo being the "wilder" child.

I want one, but not sure what to get (and I don't like pain)

My mom one day tells me she always thought I'd be the one to get a tattoo being the "wilder" child.

The pain is not that bad. It's like being cut by a small hot blade for a couple of hours.  :whistling:

I have a number of tats an cannot be seen in the corporate world. It’s for the best as they are frowned upon. Rightly or wrongly is another debate.

I have had some covered as life changes so it’s always a possibility. Facial an neck hands etc are def no gos.

Small(ish) neck tattoos are still passable for me, depending on the quality of the work. Face is a definite no-no. A bit on the fence regarding hand tats. 

typical policeman :whistling: :ph34r:

It really does not hurt so much.

I assume it would depend where on your body you want to have a tat.

When I had mine done, I explained to the tattoo artist that it will be my first tattoo, and I said that I'm not sure how painful it will be. The tattoo artist then said because of where I was having it done (the outside of my arm), it wouldn't be as painful if I was having it done on the inside of my arm, although I wanted it done on the outside of my arm anyway.

Think of where the most tender skin is on your body, and that will most probably be the more painful places to have tattoos done.

I think you'll find that in the very near future you'll find very few young people without tattoos. As I mentioned in the tattoo thread.. Neither myself nor my wife have one.. But I am quite certain my kids will get one. SA is very conservative when it comes to things like this but the rest of the world id very open to body expressions.. Be it piercings tattoos or hair. Look around you.. You'll be surprised.

I'm a sailor, and well sailors have always had tattoos right?

Captain haddock, pirates and all. but I think that died out in the last century.

Well one guy I know who works in the yacht industry in the uk got an anchor on his bicep. like popeye.

I thought it was tacky, ironic and interesting at the same time.

He reckoned it would be taking off.

This was in 2008, think it's still in the 'prelaunch' phase

https://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2016/10/tattooings-shifting-identity/503693/

Though tattoos were long thought of as a symbol of rebellion and outsider status, nearly one in five people in the U.S. have one, and they are even more common among Millennials, nearly 40 percent of whom have one. Despite the fact that tattooing was illegal in many places in the U.S., some as recently as 2006, the number of people with at least one tattoo increased from about 6 percent in 1936 to about 21 percent in 2012, simultaneously increasing the need for tattoo artists.

One place that has seen such an increase is New York City, where the tattoo artist Michelle Myles co-owns a tattoo parlor. For The Atlantic’s series of interviews with American workers, I spoke with Myles about learning to tattoo while the practice was illegal, how she’s seen the tattoo community grow, and what stereotypes about body art have faded. The interview that follows has been lightly edited for length and clarity.

I wanted to do 2 things while growing up... earn my own money and get a tattoo..everyone knew I would..I don't regret any of them..not even my lower back one..it was a thing then.. I do however regret not going to a better tattoo artist with the first one.. Bruma lake caravan tattoo artist was maybe not the wisest decision..my panda looks kinda weird.. I will fix it up sometime and just put a panda paw over it..but it is still a memory..

I still want to have the watercolour cherry blossoms done......been staring at that pick almost daily for a good year now..and still like it.

I wanted to do 2 things while growing up... earn my own money and get a tattoo..everyone knew I would..I don't regret any of them..not even my lower back one..it was a thing then.. I do however regret not going to a better tattoo artist with the first one.. Bruma lake caravan tattoo artist was maybe not the wisest decision..my panda looks kinda weird.. I will fix it up sometime and just put a panda paw over it..but it is still a memory..

I still want to have the watercolour cherry blossoms done......been staring at that pick almost daily for a good year now..and still like it.

i still think they are hot

Look ... I doubt it is something you gaze at everyday as if it were on a more visible (to you) part of your body?

Honestly I forget it is there [emoji23][emoji23]

I met a girl once that was passionate about dogs... She ran a dog focused kenneling... And had a small paw print discreetly tattooed. I thought it was pretty cool

Edit..I agree about the quality. If had a dot done..I would pay for the best to do it.

I personally don't like intricate big tattoos but prefer smaller single colour thin lined ones

I quite like the eye

4479ea0d3011898fbefdaf767aa2f2d7.jpg

Edited by Stretch