LBS vs CRC

TriGuru76

There is an on going debate from various people saying that we should rather support our local bike stores (LBS)!

I'm all for that, BUT then the LBS needs to up their service.

I went my LBS in Pretoria to ask them for a specific bike stand, knowing they wont have it in stock (as few would stock this item) i asked them to please contact the importer and get me a price.

After 3 days with no call back from the LBS i called the importers myself. They advise that they have not been contacted by that store or about the product. (it has been more than a week and still no call)

They also added that they will only have the product at end November in stock.

So needless to say i turned to CRC to import the product. It will be here in 3 days time, no hassle, no fuss, no more support to LBS.

So to the LBS's out there, a word of advice, stop B$% and moaning about people not buy from you and rather importing goods, cause a business like CRC is taking the food out of your children's mouths. Get on board with world class service and the products in store (or at least with reasonable turn around time on ordering) so we can support you.

Edited by TriGuru76

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Forgive me, Im not trying to swim against the current here but,

You go to LBS. You request an item that you know they do not stock.

You request them to source the item.

You then monitor the service.

When they dont deliver you slate them.

And you import the item anyway.

Are you Isabel Jones or something?

Ha - of no relevance, but I find this hilarious, because up until July this year, CRC was my LBS. Sorry, please carry on.

So needless to say i turned to CRC to import the product. It will be here in 3 days time, no hassle, no fuss, no more support to LBS.

We can only hope you didnt select the "Express Shipping" option because then some shipments go with DHL and that can get messy (and expensive).

CRC imho has gotten too big, their service and customer care has deteriorated but there are other on-line options.

Cheap online stores is a reality better embraced than whinged about. LBSs must start being more service and knowledge orientated, and not expect to make easy money off sales.

CRC can be cheaper than the local South African distributor in some cases. Some LBSs use CRC when this is the case.

Just my two cents.

Edited by Nick.

Last month I needed the BB replaced on my road bike.

I contacted CRC to ask them to do so and tell me how much it would cost and when they could do it.

After 3 calls to them they still did not have an answer for mw so i dropped it off at my LBS and they did it for me staright away.

If CRC want to have my business they will have to up their game....

Last month I needed the BB replaced on my road bike.

I contacted CRC to ask them to do so and tell me how much it would cost and when they could do it.

After 3 calls to them they still did not have an answer for mw so i dropped it off at my LBS and they did it for me staright away.

If CRC want to have my business they will have to up their game....

You seem confused, do you mean CRC or CWC, as CRC (Chain Reaction Cycles) is an online bike shop based in Ireland and do not do maintenance, so your post of phoning CRC and asking for a price for them do do work, let alone post your bike to Ireland seems wrong let alone illogical with regard to the discussion of buying parts online or at your LBS

You seem confused, do you mean CRC or CWC, as CRC (Chain Reaction Cycles) is an online bike shop based in Ireland and do not do maintenance, so your post of phoning CRC and asking for a price for them do do work, let alone post your bike to Ireland seems wrong let alone illogical with regard to the discussion of buying parts online or at your LBS

Noooo ! Surely not.

If what you say is true why does everyone who has a bitch with his LBS always quote CRC as the perfectly interchangeable alternative ?

It's "sarcasm" but sarchasm is a neat new word. Thanks for that! Illustrates quite perfectly the "chasm" or gap between the intentional sarcastic tone and one's understanding thereof!

The chasm between the sarcastic one and those that don't get it :)