Die Burger Road Race

Mylolylo

I am planning too but I have a wedding to attend sat evening. Starting time for race is 5h57 and I want to be there at least 5am. That means leaving from Wellington 4h15 and getting up 3h30. I will have to make the call to ride or not sat evening midnight

You ready Dale?

Nearly ready.

Need more Zzzzz. Lots going on that keeps me away from lekka rest.

See you in the mix, man, with that new look machine, hopefully.

Edited by ' Dale

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i have only done 1 long'ish ride of 108kms around the coast which included boyes, smits, chappies, suikerbossie, The Glen, Sinal Hill, through to Table View, back to Town and then home to Southern Suburbs and averaged 31km/h...

so im asking the more experienced riders, how will i cope if i should start in C?? or should i start later on, like maybe in G/H??

I reckon you'll be fine in C.! :thumbup:

Maybe pull me up Hels before riding off into the distance.? :whistling:

I think you might cope in C, or what you could do is start in C if you get dropped on Hels hook up with the next group.

i think i might struggle to keep up on Hels because the bone still isnt fully healed so it pains a bit when i need to stand on the climbs....

Gonna miss Burger due to injury from DC. My arm is confined to a sling for two weeks. Atleast my entry went to a DC team mate who couldn't get one. Have a good safe ride guys 'n gals.

Always Old Helz

I smaak Old Hels with all its twists and turns. A pre-race warmup is essential to do well going up.

Gonna miss Burger due to injury from DC. My arm is confined to a sling for two weeks. Atleast my entry went to a DC team mate who couldn't get one. Have a good safe ride guys 'n gals.

All the best with the recovery... i missed 6 months so im sure you will be ok for 2 weeks :thumbup:

:(

Where you the poor oke sitting on tradouw getting help on Sunday. Was good to see the guy sitting up. Quick recovery!!

For the Elites, 24 km/h

Helshoogte stats from 2012:

Start to top - 245m in 7.2km & 3.4% - James Tennent & Darren Lill 14:02 & 30.6km/h, first splintered group around 14:30 & 29.6km/h http://www.strava.com/segments/1094276

Helshoogte climb from the right turn - 251m in 6.1km & 4.1% - James Tennent & Darren Lill 12:18 & 29.7km/h, first splintered group around 12:40 & 28.8km/h http://www.strava.com/segments/2471622

c u on the sideline <_<

Helshoogte stats from 2012:

Start to top - 245m in 7.2km & 3.4% - James Tennent & Darren Lill 14:02 & 30.6km/h, first splintered group around 14:30 & 29.6km/h http://www.strava.com/segments/1094276

Helshoogte climb from the right turn - 251m in 6.1km & 4.1% - James Tennent & Darren Lill 12:18 & 29.7km/h, first splintered group around 12:40 & 28.8km/h http://www.strava.com/segments/2471622

Yoh!!

Where you the poor oke sitting on tradouw getting help on Sunday. Was good to see the guy sitting up. Quick recovery!!

That was'nt me luckily. He came off quite bad after slamming into mountain. His injuries were quite extensive. Hope heis doing better.

Even Jens would have taken a break ;) Heal well.

That was'nt me luckily. He came off quite bad after slamming into mountain. His injuries were quite extensive. Hope heis doing better.

That looked like a rowwe high-speed crash.

Must've hit a cateye or something...