Die Burger Road Race

Mylolylo

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They really need to rethink the registration at the River Club ......

What a dog show - surely they would anticipate everyone coming over lunch!

I parked outside at Hartleyvale and walked in, found no delays, got the whole families numbers in no time at all, walked out past the frustrated drivers that struggled to get in and out of the River Club, and was on my way in a matter of minutes. Easy peasy!

Edited by DJR

The problem is not with the Die Burger registration, most of the parking is taken up by people going to the Addidas sale which is also happening at The Rive Club. Less than 10% of the cars are for Die Burger.

The problem is not with the Die Burger registration, most of the parking is taken up by people going to the Addidas sale which is also happening at The Rive Club. Less than 10% of the cars are for Die Burger.

I didn't know that ... probably a good thing. I might still be there

Bad Planning by the River Club to have both these events on the same day. Park outside the number collection takes less than a minute.

I parked outside at Hartleyvale and walked in, found no delays, got the whole families numbers in no time at all, walked out past the frustrated drivers that struggled to get in and out of the River Club, and was on my way in a matter of minutes. Easy peasy!

The actual registration was easy peasy - Only when I turned into the River Club did I realize my error.

I parked right at the turn into River Club ... felt for the people parked in near the main buildings

Edited by JGR

True

According to http://www.dieburgercycletour.co.za/ -

2013 Die Burger Cycle Tour

EVENT DATE: 1 December 2013

ENTRIES OPEN: 15 October 2013

DISTANCE: 97km

ENTRY FEE: R250 (R230 for PPA Members)

Die Burger is one of Cape Towns bigest races and should be proud about it. The fact that there is only prices for the first three men and ladies in such a big event is a ripoff and a slap in the faces of all the other categories. We all pay the same entry fee and must also be allowed to race for something or is it only the elite cycles that diserve prices. All other big classics in South Africa has category prices, why not the Burger. It is not about price money but to be recognized for your hard work. Just a concern rise by a passioned cycles

Die Burger is one of Cape Towns bigest races and should be proud about it. The fact that there is only prices for the first three men and ladies in such a big event is a ripoff and a slap in the faces of all the other categories. We all pay the same entry fee and must also be allowed to race for something or is it only the elite cycles that diserve prices. All other big classics in South Africa has category prices, why not the Burger. It is not about price money but to be recognized for your hard work. Just a concern rise by a passioned cycles

Not sure about the "prices" I think they are quite high. However, this is a funride, if you have an issue with the "prices" don't ride the race. It is a funride after all!

Edited by Dick

Ok guys I am out for the race. Got a nice surprise this morning when I walked all kitted into garage just to discover that my roadbike with my brand new edge 500 (got yesterday) was stolen during the night. I am still in shock! Don't think the insurance will pay out since there was no forced entry (garage closed but backdoor not locked). Even if they pay out it is only insured for R40 000 so these days can't buy much decent for that

*******!!!!

Ok guys I am out for the race. Got a nice surprise this morning when I walked all kitted into garage just to discover that my roadbike with my brand new edge 500 (got yesterday) was stolen during the night. I am still in shock! Don't think the insurance will pay out since there was no forced entry (garage closed but backdoor not locked). Even if they pay out it is only insured for R40 000 so these days can't buy much decent for that

*******!!!!

Yjor! Speechless

Yjor! Speechless

As well! If someone wants an entry they can let me know

083 321 9752

I'll be on golf course rest of the day so if you want quick response for entry just call or sms

Edited by Jaco-fiets