Die Burger Road Race

Mylolylo

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm also in D.i just can't get myself motivated to suffer up Hels with the bunch so i just ride till i'm caught by the next bunch. my times over the last few years have been ± 2hr.50 ish. i'm not sure in what bunch i rode last year, it could have also been D or maybe C but i have been going backwards since i stopped racing seriously.

Hmmm... stoopid question.

Any ideas as to what may happen on the R44 section. Up till yesterday I had no worries about the road works. But now a long section has been closed (stop-go) for one lane. The other side is being resurfaced - more than the patch-ups they've done up till now. If they resurface the entire section, they will for sure still be busy somewhere along that stretch of road come next weekend.

Unless they get to a phase where both lanes are open, there's going to be serious hold-ups for other road users if cyclists are going to be waved through there the whole day. Esp with the varying strengths of people riding Burger.

FWIW, to give an idea of the length of the current stop-go, it is currently from about Red Star through till past the R312 turnoff - think till about at the gates of Diamant (horse farm) - that takes a good couple of minutes to cycle. By that time the next bunch will be at the beginning. And later on there'll be a more steady trickle of cyclists.

Hi

Thank you for your email. We have confirmed with the construction company that all construction will be finished before the event.

Regards

Tish Lambert

Race Office Manager

i'm also in D.i just can't get myself motivated to suffer up Hels with the bunch so i just ride till i'm caught by the next bunch. my times over the last few years have been ± 2hr.50 ish. i'm not sure in what bunch i rode last year, it could have also been D or maybe C but i have been going backwards since i stopped racing seriously.

Under 3 hrs from D? Seriously? I'm going to have to eat some htfu pills beforehand! :D

After 2 years off the bike and just completing the One Tonner, got bumped upto D from a Q PPA seeding. What sort of time would you expect the average time for the D group to be? Just want to see if I'll be able to hang onto the big group or slip back to Q?

After riding with my children the last 2 years, to get them safely going on the road, I've also made a big jump up to D. So, we're in D same boat :D

I would guess 3h30, maybe even a little under if it is a good day, but it is very much a thumb suck. If the wind howls like on the 1-Tonner, then I really don't want to even guess a time.

Hopefully some stats juckies will comment soon.

I did a 2:53 from E last year, but it was a particularly fast race for everyone. It was my first Burger so I don't have a point of reference to compare it to. A sub 3 from D should be possible. I'm in D this year and aiming for exactly that.

I'm fairly certain that I'll get dropped by D and maybe even E up Helshoogte because I'm useless on hills, but then I'll just try and hang on to whichever group comes past next.

Under 3 hrs from D? Seriously? I'm going to have to eat some htfu pills beforehand! :D

Did 2h54 from F

I did 2h37 last year from D...think I was 3rd or 4th in the group...was super fast :thumbup:

Hello all,

2 entries on the long distance available for substitution.

Cheers

Jay

edit: Both gone! Sorry, that's all folks!

Edited by Tubehunter

You will have okes that do 2h35 and faster from D.

Did a 2h42 from E last year and only came 10th or something in my group.

Edited by dee_biker

I somehow get this sense that there might be a Blue Train in % :clap:

Was hoping you guys were going to be in A with me...