Wife " Choose, me or the BIKE!!"

ScottCM

BUT there is also nothing like seeing 'that' smile and enjoyment on your partners face when he (in my case) comes from a piece of awesome trails! I wouldnt want it any other way and I would wash his bike to have that with my partner for life.

after trails we take a long shower together, its very relaxing and lots of fun and you get the dirt off before it gets hard, all this while the wife makes me breakfast.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, I prefer if the wife doesn't join me and so far, she hasn't bitten the bug. Cycling is kinda like my stress-free zone. It's nice and peaceful, tranquil if you like and when I'm on my bike I sort of just forget about everything else in the world. It's a really nice place to be. Now, I love my wife to bits don't get me wrong, but if she joins me that place wouldn't be as nice as it was anymore. All the moaning, complaining etc just by thinking about it.

Bub,

I get your point as people ride for different reasons.

But forget all that for now. I need your opinion over in single speeds please:

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/131941-ragley-marley-build-aka-bob/page__st__32#entry2091383

Every man needs his own space, usualy the garage

Joh, if I had so much space I would just like to add add add!

(currently 4 more bikes I would like to add already)

Scott I don't know if this has been said already, but you really should make her apart of your sport... Yes you going to say she HATES it. Well she doesn't have to ride bikes to enjoy the sport. For her next birthday buy her a lekker bucket and a nice cloth with some of that lekker bike wash stuff. Then show her how you want your bike cleaned from now on.

She will then always appreciate a clean bike in bed with you :thumbup:

Thank me later

Buying the wife a bike really works!! Two years ago I converted my garage into an "office" for my bikes and me to do a bit of work! She liked the space so much she kicked me out and moved the office back into the house. So I took the bikes with me... She was not impressed,

Two years and numerous "choose the bike or me" fights later I got her a bike.... She went riding with a friend came back 2 hours later with the biggest smile!

Now she just worries about how she's cheating on her running! And I got my "office back"

post-15438-0-19514600-1381391632_thumb.jpg

I understand where Bob is coming from cycling for me is an escape where all I have to worry about is staying on the bike. and besides i'm sure he also wouldn't mine taking his wife cycling with him 6 times a year as well :whistling:

I could ride a tandem with the wife for 6 hours a day without the slightest hint of friction.

I suppose it helps that we don't have to continuously worry about staying on the bike. :P

Don't get rid of the wife, who will have a hearty meal ready for you when you get home after a long ride!

Must of been a lekker dream that

All you brave bijaatches with the wife jokes... :D

Back to the OP. Hanging your bike from the front wheel does not do damage unless you leave it hanging there for months without use. Not good for the seals, hydraulics and sealant in the tyres.. Winging it up like in the "practical" pic I posted is an easy solution, but you will need a spot with some height as you would need to be able to walk underneath it. Probably, don't know what your spot looks like.

Other than that is flat against the wall (several mounting options available) or from the front wheel. This does however take up extra width.

Also in a "space" situation... Currently bikes stacked next to the staircase. Not ideal as our domestic worker keeps "rearranging" them when she cleans (worry all day my babies will be "hurt" :P) Been thinking/looking into options and I'm quite keen on making them part of the home decor. Some options I've been looking at:

1) Putting something like this together, on rollers (have 4 bikes) - stack them together and slide each "out" when needed. I may be keen to start a small business making these for hubbers in need :P (Would also bring costs down)

http://p-ec2.pixstatic.com/51bc54b8d9127e25ab000aeb._w.540_s.fit_.jpg

2) Displaying them as "art" :P (various options)

http://0.lushome.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/cycle-parking-bike-storage-rack-room-decorating.jpg

http://2-ps.googleusercontent.com/x/www.trendhunter.com/cdn.trendhunterstatic.com/thumbs/xvery-nice-bike-rack.jpeg.pagespeed.ic.0nBXNLildd.jpg

Edited by ScrumpyJ4ck

Oh, and you can speak to the wife. Cycling does initially make the legs bigger as the muscle grows. But then the fat disappears and they become much slimmer an firmer.

Yip yip.. I will agree.. mostly a bit of water retention because the muscles aren't used to it, once that's sorted, they slim down very fast.

Yip yip.. I will agree.. mostly a bit of water retention because the muscles aren't used to it, once that's sorted, they slim down very fast.

This is so awful its funny!!

Must of been a lekker dream that

Sorry Fabes, I tried to teach her to cook but clearly I failed!

Don't get rid of the wife, who will have a hearty meal ready for you when you get home after a long ride!

The girlfriend will

Sorry Fabes, I tried to teach her to cook but clearly I failed!

Who needs someone that can cook when all you need is the koek ?

Takeaways are pretty darn good nowadays.