Not so hot dismounts in action

BarHugger

If they weren't so expensive and needed proprietary hubs I'd have one. Saw this vid a while back and I must say the rigidity is impressive:

Interesting!  Some really good points and nice comparison, would like to test ride one myself.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol, my thoughts exactly. As awesome as it looks, I have major trust issues with leftys

That's failure looks like it's from a crap wheelset. Definitely not the Lefty

This is also most likely true...  

really want to ride one...

weet nie wat dit was nie.

weet net daardie ou het sy mielie afgeval.

This one popped up on my FB feed this morning. He can be glad he didn't end up in front of a car.

That guy was lucky, big time. Had he been 2 to 3 seconds later that car may well have gone over him.

Just goes to show that falling can happen on a fairly straight forward piece of sidewalk.

Only if you land horribly wrong. This weekend we (6 of us) went to Paarl and G Spot. Of the 6, 4 crashed. One BADLY. On a huuuuge double rock drop (drop, 2m further on DROP) and went OTB, landing on his kop on the rocks below. Definite concussion, and some lekker roasties on his back, but nothing broken. The other 3 - 1 hugged a tree, 1 washed out on a corner and another just lost the front on landing a jump. None of them had any injuries. So yeah, there's the potential to land and injure yourself. But as Kelly McGarry showed here - the human body is remarkably resilient and far tougher than we give it credit for.

In slo-mo

• 2 weeks later...

http://fcdn.mtbr.com/attachments/vintage-retro-classic/118482d1132349169-source-1-steerer-tubes-ouch.jpg

Actually amazing how the human body can survive all of this and how it moves through the fails falls.