Not so hot dismounts in action

BarHugger

Seems like huge damage......where is the front brake hose.

What about your 94.7 plans.......unicycle?

Front brake hose ripped off as I went over the bars and hit the fork with my ribs

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Definitely not an issue with the strength of the fork or carbon. I had previous abused the fork far beyond the intended use plus I'm a nice racey 100kg

So what is your plan regarding 'n ryding for tomorrow? What is the back-up, or is it a fix-up. Saw that you will do a 15km test ride tomorrow.......?

Definitely not an issue with the strength of the fork or carbon. I had previous abused the fork far beyond the intended use plus I'm a nice racey 100kg

Stop typing and go ice that shoulder - nice big bag of frozen peas or corn... 20 min.

ok so it turns out the Niner fork was not perfect after my last entry into this thread.

Happened this morning on our 94.7 recci. shoulder and ego hurt

attachicon.gifIMG_1622.JPG

Bra... Makes me worry about my carbon Niner fork coming down Jonkers...

Bra... Makes me worry about my carbon Niner fork coming down Jonkers...

Dude wasn't the forks problem. Was all me to blame on this one.

How exactly did you manage to snap the fork on the steerer?

It's not like that's a weak spot on a fork, a alu or metal would deform on the fork legs not shear off at the base of the steerer.

Edited by Skylark

How exactly did you manage to snap the fork on the steerer?

It's not like that's a weak spot on a fork, a alu or metal would deform on the fork legs not shear off at the base of the steerer.

look back a couple of pages for a vid of him overcooking a jump rather spectacularly, and landing ON the front wheel with what I can only assume was a finger of front brake, and the fork rocking backwards so far that the tire almost touched the down tube. 

That would have been the primary contributor, and I can only assume that a bunny-hop / jump / rock strike was the nail in the coffin. 

TBH I reckon an alu fork would have failed on the original front wheel landing on the gap jump... 

ok so it turns out the Niner fork was not perfect after my last entry into this thread.

Happened this morning on our 94.7 recci. shoulder and ego hurt

attachicon.gifIMG_1622.JPG

There is a guy advertising carbon repairs in the classifieds. I am sure that steerer can be repaired.....