Not so hot dismounts in action

BarHugger

I developed the Ilze Involuntary Dismount Scale (IIDS) after a friend of mine started dismounting fairly often.

Level 0 :

Rider claims involuntary dismount occurred, but cannot provide any evidence or witness. Basically, it never happened! --> Treatment : None

Level 1 :

Involuntary dismount witnessed, but no visible injuries to rider other than pride. --> Treatment : None

Level 2 :

Minor bruising and grazing of skin, no blood. Includes getting smacked in the privates by your stem without passing out. --> Treatment : None

Level 3 :

Substaintial bruising and grazing of the skin. No wet bleeding. --> Treatment : First Aid Kit

Level 4 :

Bruising and cuts with flowing blood not requiring stitches. --> Treatment : First Aid Kit

Level 5 :

Temporary loss of consciousness not requiring hospitalisation. Includes passing out after getting smacked in the privates by your stem. --> Treatment : First Aid Kit

Level 6 :

Bruising and cuts with flowing blood requiring stitches. --> Treatment : Outpatient

Level 7 :

Substantial bruising, sprained joints requiring recovery and treatment of joint by doctor. --> Treatment : Outpatient

Level 8 :

Extended loss of consciousness or concussion requiring hospitalisation and CAT scans. --> Treatment : Hospitalisation

Level 9 :

Broken bones requiring hospitalisation and resetting with plates and pins. Internal bleeding. --> Treatment : Hospitalisation

Level 10 :

Let's hope nobody goes here. --> Treatment : Not required.

Edited by GreatGusto

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I developed the Ilze Involutary Dismount Scale (IIDS) after a friend of mine started dismounting fairly often.

Level 0 :

Rider claims involuntary dismount ocurred, but cannot provide any evidence or witness. Basically, it never happened! --> Treatment : None

Level 1 :

Involuntary dismount witnessed, but no visible injuries to rider other than pride. --> Treatment : None

Level 2 :

Minor bruising and grazing of skin, no blood. Includes getting smacked in the privates by your stem without passing out. --> Treatment : None

Level 3 : Substaintial bruising and grazing of the skin. No wet bleeding. --> Treatment : First Aid Kit

Level 4 :

Bruising and cuts with flowing blood not requiring stitches. --> Treatment : First Aid Kit

Level 5 :

Temporary loss of consciousness not requiring hospitalisation. Incudes passing out after getting smacked in the privates by your stem. --> Treatment : First Aid Kit

Level 6 :

Bruising and cuts with flowing blood requiring stitches. --> Treatment : Outpatient

Level 7 :

Substantial bruising, sprained joints requiring recovery and treatment of joint by doctor. --> Treatment : Outpatient

Level 8 :

Extended loss of consciousness or concussion requiring hospitalisation and CAT scans. --> Treatment : Hospitalisation

Level 9 :

Broken bones requiring hospitalisation and resetting with plates and pins. Internal bleeding. --> Treatment : Hospitalisation

Level 10 :

Let's hope nobody goes here. --> Treatment : Not required.

Lol!!! Classic...

Mine was a combination of outpatient 7&8..

Awesome. Did a 9 (twice) on the scale with additional treatment for Spruit infection inside the bone and wound. Extra points for losing 4cm of bone requiring bone graft :P

Awesome. Did a 9 (twice) on the scale with additional treatment for Spruit infection inside the bone and wound. Extra points for losing 4cm of bone requiring bone graft :P

How is the recovery coming along Sliiick?

Um, Robodog

YOH!!!

i can only imagine what type of crap (really)you can get in an open wound riding the spuit .I mean spruit

How is the recovery coming along Sliiick?

Um, Robodog

Very well thanks. I hardly think about my arm at all unless I'm doing the exercises. Just have to remember not to lift anything heavy.

BUT going in for a bone graft on Monday so that will set the recovery back a bit.

Edit: interestingly, I have never done a 5,6,7 or 8 :lol:

Edited by Robodog

It looks like the Fork lowers just popped off. Never really thought of that happening, a bit worried now :blink: off to check my fork.

Yup thought the same, then thought how cruel you can be to someone by loosening the bolts.

It looks like the Fork lowers just popped off. Never really thought of that happening, a bit worried now :blink: off to check my fork.

Colour me worried!!!!! Didn't know that could happen...

• 4 weeks later...

the french scorpion

Edit:

Refer Raydek's post.

my IT skills = dubious.

Edited by RocknRolla