Not so hot dismounts in action

BarHugger

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hahahahahah 

I forgot about this thread. I shoulda posted this two weeks ago. 

Anyhoo back to my misfortune. I was riding out near Constantia Nek, about to do that 180 turn and go towards Southern Cross drives Greenbelts. As I drop who knows what I was thinking or doing and boom flip, straight over the handle bars. As I lay there laughing at myself I slowly (I'm over 30 years old theres no need to rush these things anymore) I straighten my bars and off I go. I notice my brake level moved slightly so I pull over to adjust it. Another rider comes past and asks if I'm ok, I'm like yeah why wouldn't I be then I check myself.... Arm grazed, cycling shirt, arm, glove, bag all full of dust. He knew I hit the deck....

:-) 

I had a biggie just before Christmas. Chasing a mate on single track, cut a corner tight and my shoe hooked a root. Back wheel jumped out and BOOM, I hit a tree and then face planted into the track. Didn't even get my arms under me.

Damage assessment revealed sliced left quad (dropper post lever...), grazed knees and elbows, and a cracked sternum (heart rate monitor + tree root = pain!). I got off lightly in retrospect, as I was moving when I went down. 

I had a biggie just before Christmas. Chasing a mate on single track, cut a corner tight and my shoe hooked a root. Back wheel jumped out and BOOM, I hit a tree and then face planted into the track. Didn't even get my arms under me.

Damage assessment revealed sliced left quad (dropper post lever...), grazed knees and elbows, and a cracked sternum (heart rate monitor + tree root = pain!). I got off lightly in retrospect, as I was moving when I went down. 

Eish. That's crap!

I was lucky, recently. Hoogies final descent, just by that little rock gap. I went left (don't like the rock gap there, and it's the slow line) and went just a bit toooo far left on the trail. You can normally boost over a chicane there and land on the trail again, but the front wheel landed off the trail and then hit a rock. OTB ejection seat stuff. Luckily no rock to fall on, but I was going a fair speed. No damage, this time.. 

• 2 weeks later...