Rave - Racing Ralphs durability

I FLY

After being an absolute Conti fan for many years I bought a 2nd hand bike in December 2012 that was fitted with Racing Ralphs ( Evo Snakeskin).

As my friends know I am not one to waste money so I thought that I would keep the tyres and replace when worn. Based on comments it was not going to be a long wait to replace.

After nearly 3500 kms on mainly rocky trails I have finally replaced the back tyre with another RR. The previous owner had ridden this tyre for a few months so maybe another 500kms before I got it.

Not one puncture. Some of my riding included Lowveld Quest ( very muddy), Mapumgubwe Game reserve (sandy and thorny) and Josi2Kosi ( gravel roads, rocky, sandy).

In addition I have enjoy the feel of this large volume tyre.

Needless to say all four of our bikes are now shod with Schwalbe tyres

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Needless to say all four of our bikes are now shod with Schwalbe tyres

Nou ja, daar het jy dit...

Also love my RR's, they do seem to require tampons after a while....its like the tyres is sweating out some of the sealant...but its clear.

strange that you raving about the durability as i personally think that is the only negative i can find with the RR's i have done about 1800km on mine and my back tire is poked, I love everything about these tires but they dont seem to last with me.

strange that you raving about the durability as i personally think that is the only negative i can find with the RR's i have done about 1800km on mine and my back tire is poked, I love everything about these tires but they dont seem to last with me.

They don't like tar....but if you stay on the dirt they are ok

Yup, my experience also.

I do very little tar ,and try very hard to never lock up the back wheel.

I am not a light weight ( compared to pros) 78kgs

I do very little tar ,and try very hard to never lock up the back wheel.

I am not a light weight ( compared to pros) 78kgs

eish you are lighter than me...I get decent miles out of them, but nothing like a crossmark

PS I lock-up / skid all the time....its a disease I tell you

Edited by rouxtjie

I also loved my Crossmarks, used the high volume 2.25`s and they gave nice ride as well.

New bike has Racing

post-3699-0-00757600-1381910837_thumb.jpg

Rode 2 sets of RR's, no issues except for the odd slip now and then. Changed to Rocket Ron Front and Rear before BergBush, keeping it like this! Ron's grip far better

Rode 2 sets of RR's, no issues except for the odd slip now and then. Changed to Rocket Ron Front and Rear before BergBush, keeping it like this! Ron's grip far better

I have Rocket Ron on front of one bike and Nobby Nic on other bike