Can you cycle on the highway?

Khronis

Saw 2 cyclists this morning at about 6am on the N17 just after Carnival City off ramp riding towards oncoming traffic , surely you not allowed to cycle there?

Only if you have a death wish.... Yoh, that has to be one of the best revenge movies ever... That Charley Bronstone was tough...

I train On the highway quite often. I use to live in De Doorns and the only way to get out of the valley was to ride on the N1. All our road rides was conducted between De doorns and Touwsriver on the N1. And Let me tell you... IT IS THE SAFEST PLACE TO RIDE FOR US!!! only real Frights is these double decker bussed with the engines at the back. You dont hear them sneaking up on you.. :mellow:

Yes

Is it legal?

No

Or when you Africanise it:

Can you cycle on a highway?

Why not

Is it legal?

Who cares.

I train On the highway quite often. I use to live in De Doorns and the only way to get out of the valley was to ride on the N1. All our road rides was conducted between De doorns and Touwsriver on the N1. And Let me tell you... IT IS THE SAFEST PLACE TO RIDE FOR US!!! only real Frights is these double decker bussed with the engines at the back. You dont hear them sneaking up on you.. :mellow:

The N1 there is not a highway so no problem with that. N does not mean highway. It is a route number.

Yes

Is it legal?

No

what i was about to say. see it alot on the N3 between marlboro and london Road - i guess it's just the shortest route from A to B.

Jip, In Bloemfontein I also think there will be few cyclist that have not used the N1.

We always pass the Provicial traffic officers on the road, and all we do is " Smile and wave boys, smile and wave" .

It is the only roads with a shoulder, due to the fact that it is highway all traffic is in same direction , so Agree with us also safest option, maybe not legal, although through president set by traffic officials Smiling and waving back they have given us OK to ride there.