Cyclist mugged and shot yesterday afternoon close to Woodlands

awesme

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I also just want to thank the guys for going out of their way and taking this to the media.

Only works if you ride a 26er :whistling:

As you may notice, the 'cyclist' is not a cyclist, but does know one or two things about self defense. Training required though.

I know we are all baying for blood, but I think it is best to use the peoples to sort out the peoples. I will be happy to donate a few K towards a reward for the arrest of these pigs. I think one can easily buy the attention of squatters. Who can administrate this? Michael if I remember correctly you are taller than me (1.78) but I have a Carbon Scott Pro hardtail 29 with 1x11 that you can borrow until you get sorted (if your health allows).

Now that I think is a very smart move - I live in the area, and have had dealings with some of the residents of the settlements - by and large, they all want crime out of the area as much as we do. The only way we will win this fight, is to get them to turn on the criminal elements in the community. How would we do this? A R2000 reward would go a long way. Possibly even a show of support by cyclists - if we routed this months Critical mass through the area and handed out toys similar to the Toy Run. If we can convince the communities that cyclists can benefit them somehow, my guess is there will be a few more guys wandering around sans hands....

I also just want to thank the guys for going out of their way and taking this to the media.

Also if someone points a firearm at the back of your head they will most probably have their finger on the trigger. By grabbing the firearm and PULLING it over your shoulder there is a substantial chance of having a shot go off and hitting you in the back of the head or neck.

Do the training and then comment. What you probably didn't notice is the line of fire should that happen. Everyone is looking for options to solve the problem, seeing as it is cleat that the cops can't protect you. This is one option. If you have a concern with the technique, Idan (the trainer) will GLADLY comment and fix if it is a real issue.

I see that 702 is reporting 2 incidences but from the comments here on the Hub it said 4? it is just a case of the same event being reported by different sources here? Just curious.

Re. the idea of critical mass and offering a reward to the community I think that's a great idea. I would be happy to contribute what i can.

Then someone called in to John Robbie's show this morning saying that truckloads of bicycles are making their way into Mozambique = they put him on to Crime Line but that might give us an idea of where these bikes are going. (hearsay)

I don't think the guys here are so polite as to put the gun to the back of your head, they just shoot no questions asked...

True, this however gives you a chance when that split second opportunity does arrive... And quite honestly, I'd rather stand half a chance than none at all.